Anti-LL Hate Speech Continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-LL Hate Speech Continues

Now, LLs are responsible for forcing tenants into prostitution.

Media hype and sensationalism doesn't get much lower than this item.

Of course, Dhil Twitford and his 'reforms' do not rate a mention.

$50 rent rise for heat pump 'pushed me into sex work'
    28 May 2019
    Originally posted by Stuf
    Wellington woman Karen, who does not want to be identified, was on a sickness benefit getting $312 a week when her LL told her that her rent was going to increase, from $245 a week to $295. She said she was struggling as she was on the benefit and that rent increase was the deciding factor that prompted her to move into sex work, seeing clients in her home.

"It was so I could live." She said it was not a choice she wanted to make. Action was needed to give tenants more power, she said. Andrew King, executive officer of the New Zealand Property Investors Federation, said the LL would probably have put the rent up anyway, as it was significantly below market rates.
    OMG! She wanted a heat pump and the LL increased the rent closer to "market rates" as a consequence of supplying one. How grossly unfair! Head-in-the-sand Dhil Twitford says something for nothing is what the socio-communist-Labour-led-reds are all about.

That article makes out that prostitution is a bad thing which is a bit unfair on prostitutes.
    If her rent went up $50pw then she'd only need to work once per fortnight to cover it.
    Problem solved.

Comment

i would like to know how she used $500 a month on power

Comment

Originally posted by jimO View Post
        i would like to know how she used $500 a month on power
        can't have a cold house when you're working with your gear off

Comment

I chat with that journalist quite a lot. She's nice and gets it. At stuff there seems to be a separate team of people who take an article and then come up with the most click-baity headline possible.
          Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

^

had noted that stuff's headlines for the same story often changed day by day

generally getting more hysterical
            have you defeated them?
            your demons

Comment

How to use so much power ? Easy with an oil heater.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick G View Post
                I chat with that journalist quite a lot. She's nice and gets it. At stuff there seems to be a separate team of people who take an article and then come up with the most click-baity headline possible.
                What's the bet Stuff are working on getting their real journalism behind the paywall too.
                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
                  What's the bet Stuff are working on getting their real journalism behind the paywall too.
                  "Real journalism." Whazzat?

Comment

Lol.

It's funny you should say that.
                    You're totally correct.

And, for every action there is an equal but opposite (if slightly delayed) reaction.

Myself and the general public have now implemented our own click bait headline defense system.
                    I simply bypass anything bait-ish now.
                    I don't even read anything by Hosking or the politicians.
                    It looks very similar to something that's "all drama and no facts".

Or as the old radio and radar guys used to call it, " noise".

Comment

I've been surprised at that article and another one by her, recently. Also one by Diana Clement. They're usually more level-headed than that.
                      My blog. From personal experience.
                      http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Investors lock down Queenstown

evil investors

providing short-term accommodation

for the back-packers that do the work

that makes queenstown work

LABOUR SHOULD PUT AN END TO THIS by banning productivity!

Last edited by eri; 13-06-2019, 08:47 PM.
                        have you defeated them?
                        your demons

Comment

Like New Zealand should be some how unique. All tourist areas around the world suffer the same fate. Looks like a few people need to get their heads out of the sand.

cheers,

Donna
                          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
                          X