X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• investment property

Hello

with $600.000 to $650.000 budget.

do you recommend buying one house in wellington ?
    or
    two houses in bay of plenty (one in rotorua, one in whakatane. $320.000 each) ?

Thank you

You might as well start from paying $15000 for property mentoring since you haven't even done your numbers (what yield, right?). Want my bank details?

Comment

As Alfa said you need to do a bit more research than that....

Why are you buying it? Passive income? What is the cashflow? What do you want to do after you buy it? Buy again in a few years?

So first I would invest a month into figuring some of the basics out. If you don't know what kind of an investment you're getting into then you will find out in a few years when it goes well or badly. I prefer to have a bit more control...

In my signature is a link to a free property course I made, I highly recommend the first couple of lessons on setting goals and cashflow. Waiting a month and skilling up on a few key ideas will not cost you anything in the short term but over time will be massive.
      Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Graeme Fowler uses a very safe/successful method of investing where he buys cheaper properties in the regions that are +ve or neutrally geared.
        They basically pay themselves off with P&I loans and any capital gain is a bonus.

With -ve gearing looking to be removed - this might be a good option.
        Personally I would buy something with the biggest bit of land in the best area of a major city. This takes a long time to pay off and can be quite -ve for 5yrs or longer.
        So what works best for you depends a lot on your goals & circumstances.
        The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

Suggest you look into the cost and feasibility of insurance in Wellington before jumping in.

Comment

Hello

I don`t want to sell, purely cash flow.
            If I buy smaller cities in bay of plenty, more cashflow but less capital gain.
            If I buy in bigger city like wellington, more capital gain in the future and easier to rent as rental shortage.

Comment

Originally posted by tjay83 View Post
              If I buy smaller cities in bay of plenty, more cashflow but less capital gain.
              If I buy in bigger city like wellington, more capital gain in the future and easier to rent as rental shortage.
              What you said is just junk and clearly shows you have no idea what market is doing. I suggest you do more reading, learning and doing numbers and less asking general questions on online forums.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFa View Post
                What you said is just junk and clearly shows you have no idea what market is doing. I suggest you do more reading, learning and doing numbers and less asking general questions on online forums.
                That's good advice.

You should spend at least a couple of months in the areas and really know the markets.

Personally I would invest within the bigger populated areas, and be within half hour drive away from home so that I could be more hands on.
                Profiting from Property, not People

Want free help on taking your portfolio to the next level?

Comment

Yes do a search and you may find news like this:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12205107 Renters battling to find rental properties in BOP.

I recommend frequenting PropertyTalk regularly as the property market in NZ is changing all the time. Checking in with a post or two every six months won't give you the information you need to buy well anywhere here.

cheers,

Donna

cheers,

Donna
                  Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

thanks Donna,
                    so far wellington,rotorua,whakatane,tauranga has rental shortage

Comment

Working...
                    X