Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filing GST, banklink, accounts and credit card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just spoke to another person and they said they do none of the above and just enter stuff in the ird website. Is that not recommended?

Comment

Hi Jack2016,

How knowledgeable is the other person? I'm would say that they are not great with accounting, GST and tax, and have therefore given you some pretty crap advice.

But if you keep asking enough people, sooner or later someone will tell you to just accept cash, don't pay any tax or GST and you will be fine! Note this is NOT my recommendation.

If you just enter the stuff in the IRD website, then how will you collate this stuff? If you file say 2 monthly GST, how will you collate all the 6 returns together? How will you see what your profit is every month, so that you can monitor how your business is going?

Any accountant is likely to hate just getting a print out of what you entered in the IRD website!

Lastly, you would still need excel, xero or some other program to get the figures to enter in the IRD website!!

Ross
      Book a free chat here
      Ross Barnett - Property Accountant

Comment

yes sir, will do that

Comment

I looked at the Xero website today
          Is the growth of Xero mainly in the field of small businesses where invoices can be easily generated by the business person and expenses downloaded directly into the system (all the while in the cloud).
          Sort of eliminating the accounts person who would tradionally have a integrated accounting program on the desktop back in the office ?

Comment

Can you get your data out of Xero if you change your mind?
            What privacy do you have if all your info is on someone elses computer? I doubt it is encrypted.
            The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

Working...
            X