• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    LL might take a spade and make it 970mm or might issue a 14 day notice to fix after unauthorised alterations.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlFa View Post
    Haha... appreciate your humour. Would love to see "after unauthorised alterations" stand up in Tribunal. At the same time 1010mm will stand up just fine.
    To a point - you're right.

But you do overlook something. The tenant must issue a 14 day notice to remedy before making a TTKK claim on the matter.

The LL then responds in spades, eh what?

Of course, taking photographs of the tenant's 'alterations' before shovelling some soil back into place.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

To a point - you're right.

But you do overlook something. The tenant must issue a 14 day notice to remedy before making a TTKK claim on the matter.

The LL then responds in spades, eh what?

Of course, taking photographs of the tenant's 'alterations' before shovelling some soil back into place.
    I haven't overlooked, just simplified. But we're shifting away from issue. As I said it's not legally required but still reasonably high and will be better for everyone to get this barrier installed. Actually had a chat with local building inspector and another option is to grow some shrubs just next to deck.

I (sort-of) go along with that.

But the reality is that the LL response to the presence of a child was reasonable, appropriate and indicative of 'good' LL.

The subsequent adult tenant demand was not. It was more like that of a child. A spoilt brat, at that.

I have a PPOR deck that's similar. No rails of any sort. Great, unimpeded view and soft lawn below for idiots.

Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

A spoilt brat, at that.
    Agreed .

Well we might have a professional tenant on our hands.

Tenant contacts me at 6pm Friday night. I knock on the door, assuming it's some urgent matter. Indeed it is, a big leak under the kitchen sink. Clean up everything for the tenants, solve the problem temporarily and tell them I will be back on Monday (no time specified) to fix the problem. Turn up Monday as agreed. As I'm finishing up his wife calls him. By the time I get home there's a nasty email saying that I have committed an offence because I didn't give 48 hours notice of entry. I explain that firstly it's 24hrs, and notice was given in person.

So back to the railing, I informed him that I would be turning up Wednesday to work on the railing. I did so. And this date also marked the point of being 14 days late in with rent. A notice was issued. The next day I get another aggressive email saying I have again breached the law by knocking on the door. And that he declared he was NOT behind in rent because he didn't move in until 5 days after the lease began. The lease states payments are weekly. He chose to pay one month. He tried every trick in the book to get the keys before he had paid the rent. This battle raged for 6 days. 4 times he claimed that he had paid, or would pay on x date, therefore, little pig, little pig, LET ME IN. No, HELL NO I said. He has decided that he will pay monthly, on a date that I consider to be a week late, even by his BS monthly system.

I don't think it's possible under RTA to pay monthly. Only weekly or fortnightly. Do check with the law

Quote Originally Posted by AlFa View Post
    I don't think it's possible under RTA to pay monthly. Only weekly or fortnightly. Do check with the law
    It's section 23. A LL may not require . . . is not the same as a tenant volunteering to . . .

Do the tenants (or their previous address) appear on the TT database. Sounds to me they will be poring over the list of unlawful acts in the RTA. Be prepared!

No.
    But then, would this not take months to go through the tribunal?

Well, his supposed payment date of yesterday has come and gone.
    Lease began 14 April
    Lease states weekly payments, 2 weeks in advance
    Payment made 18 April of one month
    What date can I apply to court?

Thread Information