Crazy woman just moved in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy woman just moved in!

We have a bedsit behind our house and just let it to a 56yo woman on a sickness benefit. In the first 2 weeks we have had:

- being super pushy about giving her the flat and pushing for the old tenant to move out within 3 days
    - 17 phone calls, many of them after hours (such as during dinner tonight)
    - 4 knocks at the door (one at 9pm)
    - incessant nagging about a slow drip from toilet cistern (mentioned it 4x in a single day) and numerous other times (changed seals and added silicon but can't see evidence of any leak)
    - going to my other tenants and whining
    - asking me to do little jobs like carrying boxes on moving day and putting a curtain over a door
    - rudely going out just before a carpet cleaning appointment causing the cleaner to be angry
    - demanding a ramp be built and siting "health and safety issues" then immediately trying to act like we are best friends

Passive aggressive, needy, attention seeking, neurotic, anxious and one hair away from being a stalker. I'm thinking of becoming an alcoholic.

12 month lease. How do I get rid of her?

you're not a 1st time landlord judging by your other post so why can't you define clear boundaries?

As for repairs ask her to make all requests in writing and reply in writing too strictly according to RTA keeping all the copies. If she insists on repairs/improvements which are not legally required ask her to apply for mediation/tribunal hearing and offer her to release her from fixed contract.

Comment

If it's a bedsit behind your house, is it a legally separate dwelling and therefore liable for the RTA, or is it part of your house, making her your flatmate?
      My blog. From personal experience.
      http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Oh well, we all make mistakes.

I think you're going to have to be really really firm with her.

Maybe the best you can hope for is that she stops paying the rent (when you stop catering to her every whim) and then you can get the tenancy ended?
        Squadly dinky do!

Comment

By the way, did she have references?
          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Sounds like the property is just too close to home. Can you put it with a property management co. and that way she has to go through them for everything? That might stop the rot.

cheers,

Donna
            Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

So we sat down and had a long chat. She agrees that she has been excessive and needy, and will from now on make all communication in writing

Comment

Until the next time
                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by crashy View Post
                  So we sat down and had a long chat. She agrees that she has been excessive and needy, and will from now on make all communication in writing
                  you should do what i do with the crazy woman in my life, ignore her

Comment

Working...
                  X