When does a visitor become a tenant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does a visitor become a tenant?

When a TA states maximum 1 tenant and this tenant has a regular visitor and their child staying overnight can I put a stop to this? Can I restrict visitor time to day only, one overnight every so many days/weeks?
    The child crying is disturbing the other tenants and I know I have grounds for this, and dont need advice on that, BUT I do want to know in general what would be considered as a breach when it comes to others staying? I cant seem to find anything in the Act. Thanks

I would be inclined to sit down first with the tenant to discuss, esp the crying child. You may be able to come to an agreement, document it, both sign and let the neighbours know of the arrangement.

Otherwise a 90 day notice is still permitted, if periodic, and can be included in a discussion as a possibility.

Comment

Above has already happened. However wanting to know for future tenants, the line between what constitutes visitor and someone being a tenant.....i.e. staying two nights a week, even one night a week?

Comment

Perhaps define it in your TA?

Comment

Originally posted by RollingCloud View Post
          Above has already happened. However wanting to know for future tenants, the line between what constitutes visitor and someone being a tenant.....i.e. staying two nights a week, even one night a week?
          I rang the 0800TENANCY advice line a while back on this and they don't have any guidelines.

Comment

Working...
          X