Editing / Deleting Posts Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing / Deleting Posts Question

I posted something went wrong and now I have lost the post. Is there a way to auto save.

Also why cant I delete my own thread?
    Last edited by Bluecoat; 07-04-2019, 11:41 PM.

The question above is not very clear. Can you rephrase?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecoat View Post
      I posted something went wrong and now I have lost the post. Is there a way to auto save.

Also why cant I delete my own thread?
      I can't edit any of my posts without them disappearing completely. So if I need to change something I copy the whole post, paste to a new post and make the change before submitting.

Comment

Editing a post is a short-term, two-minute-only option, immediately after the post been submitted*.

Only Forum Moderators can delete threads, or edit posts after that two minute period.

* Includes a post that initiates a thread.

Comment

Umm I thought it was 10 mins Perry.

cheers,

Donna
          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Yes - I have that wrong as well as I've worded it badly.

Within 2 minutes, the "last edited by" tag does not appear. Allows time for a quick-fix of typos or the like.

I think a poster can edit their own posts within 12 or 24 hours - can't now recall which.

After that, only a Mod can edit posts and threads. Or remove them.

Comment

If I try to edit a post seconds after posting it, it disappears!

Comment

Perhaps that's something Donna will need to look into, as it does not seem consistent with all PT Forumite posters.

Comment

Hi Learning,

I will ask the techies re. autosave - we're now on a newer version of VB - I thought we used to have autosave.

What template are you using? See there are options at the end with a drop down box. The one that shows first is: Shiny blue fluid. There is also the default VB4 template and mobile.

cheers,

Donna

Comment

Autosave is [still] working, Donna. I don't recall how frequently it occurs during editing, though.

It's the disappearance of a post while editing that's odd.
                    Last edited by Perry; 08-04-2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I'm on my mobile, Sam Sung. Haven't changed any settings as far as I'm aware. When go to edit the edit/delete screen comes up (with reason for editing etc) but disappears in seconds deleting the whole post.

Comment

Perhaps it's a mobile specific dilemma?

If you try the same on a notebook or desktop, does the problem persist?

Comment

Test with laptop. Take 1....

Edit successful!

Perry could have hit the nail on the head with it being a mobile issue.

Comment

Dontcha just luv technology!?

Comment

The mobile app is not perfect and provides limited user options. Better than nothing but not ideal so we will go full VB mobile at some stage soon, just waiting for all the bugs to be fixed (says our techie).

Will check in with him on this action.

cheers,

Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X