Brexit - no extension, no deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brexit - no extension, no deal

It is looking likely the UK will Brexit without a deal as many EU members are saying they're ready for the 'no deal exit'. The absolute chaos that will follow this historic event will be mind-blowing.

What will this mean for NZ - more British wanting out and relocating to NZ?

I see this outcome as very likely, even with the recent terror attack in ChCh. However selling up the home, maybe less appetising for them, as values are falling and so too, the £. Maybe it will be good time to be an investor in the UK?

Our neighbour is going back to London for a couple of years - good exchange rate that's for sure.

cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

It's hard to know what will happen Donna, it could be the reverse i.e. businesses struggle in the UK, so people from the UK who own NZ property might decide to sell it to shore up their businesses over there.
    Last edited by Perry; 08-04-2019, 06:15 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Just found this - it has easy to understand flowcharts on where to for Brexit.

So many scenarios and possible outcomes.

Cancelling Brexit is the easiest way forward, and the UK can legally do it. I wonder how much the process has cost so far?

cheers,

Donna

Comment

The boundless Brussels bureaucracy eventually became one invasion too far for the English.

Good on them for reclaiming what's left of their sovereignty. Or trying to.

It may be too late, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
          The boundless Brussels bureaucracy eventually became one invasion too far for the English.

Good on them for reclaiming what's left of their sovereignty. Or trying to.

It may be too late, unfortunately.
          Oh no no no Perry.

All those who voted to leave are old uneducated racists. All the newspapers say so.
          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Oh?!

If the media rags say so, then it must be < fill in your response, here >

Comment

Brexit delayed till 31 Oct 19

So some real breathing space - not that it's going to make a huge difference when you've got the same folk making the decisions. Will May last till Oct? Doubtful. Though she's just the figurehead of the mess and EU has had enough.

"I've ended up calling my cat Brexit,"

"It wakes me up meowing like crazy every morning because it wants to go out, but as soon as I open the door, it just sits there undecided and then looks angry when I put it outside."

Source

cheers,

Donna

Comment

Working...
              X