Anti-vaxxers are stupid people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PC View Post
    Some double blind trials - not paid for by the vaccine manufacturer - would be a good start.
    This is the give-away that anti-vaxxers are stupid.
    Everything is linked to a conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
      I can do better than that.
      Real life example: me
      Every time I get a flu shot - I don't get the flu!
      100% success rate.
      That proves flu shots are safe.
      And - I'm not paid by a vaccine manufacturer.
      In your case...which is fine and 100%, your choice injected away ... but in others its much different outcome and for them, I don't believe they should be made to feel like they are stupid if the last time they just injected they got a worse flu in there life

Comment

Originally posted by JBM View Post
        In your case...which is fine and 100%, your choice injected away ... but in others its much different outcome and for them, I don't believe they should be made to feel like they are stupid if the last time they just injected they got a worse flu in there life
        What is stupid is the claim that the flu shot gave them the flu.
        Many people make this claim.
        I guess it shows how many stupid people there are walking around.

Comment

The flu shot is made from dead viruses and cannot "give" you the flu.
          However, the vaccine can trigger an immune response from your body, so you may have a few mild symptoms, like achy muscles or a low-grade fever.

The viruses in the flu shot are killed, so people cannot get the flu from a flu vaccine.
          However, because it takes about two weeks for people to build up immunity after they get the flu vaccine,
          some people may catch the flu shortly after they're vaccinated, if they are exposed to the flu during this time period.

Influenza is different from a cold virus. A cold virus only affects the nose, throat and the upper chest and lasts for a few days, whereas influenza can be a serious illness that affects the whole body and can last up to a week or more
          Last edited by eri; 06-04-2019, 08:07 AM.
          have you defeated them?
          your demons

Comment

surely it is a human right to be stupid?

or are we making a law against that now too?

Comment

Originally posted by John the builder View Post
              surely it is a human right to be stupid?

or are we making a law against that now too?
              Not if stupid affects other - herd immunity etc

Comment

I thought the idea was that you immunized to protect yourself?

of 12 reported cases in Chch, at least 4 were fully immunized.

If you choose to be not immunised you take the risk? What is wrong with that?

Comment

I thought the idea was that you immunized to protect yourself?

of 12 reported cases in Chch, at least 4 were fully immunized.

If you choose to be not immunised you take the risk? What is wrong with that?
                  Read up on Herd immunity

Immunisation doesn't work for everyone but if you immunise enough then those that it doesn't work for are still safe.

Comment

I rest my case

The unknown for some is the cocktail of different vaccines given at a time.
                    This list is then added to by ever more zealous medical professionals who are really more interested in targetting poor parents and poor parenting than actually dealing with the issue.

Comment

by ever more zealous medical professionals who are really more interested in targetting poor parents and poor parenting than actually dealing with the issue.
                      why limit it to medical professionals?

virtually all gov. services are supposedly refocusing to help that group
                      have you defeated them?
                      your demons

Comment

so why dont they introduce policies that target them instead of a scattergun approach that worries good parents?

Comment

bill english tried to

but because bill english tried to

labour were against it

"The left's delusion is working in categories and universals,

and it means that people,

particularly at the bottom,

just get shit service."

He's confident that the ability of social investment to tackle this side of the welfare problem - dependency and deprivation - the side that has eluded governments of all colours for decades, will eventually lead Labour away from proportionate universalism to some of the targeted measures of National's plan.

"Putting more money in will have some impact, but it won't fix dysfunction.

You need the social investment tool kit which you have alongside it. They've ditched that," he said.

"But they'll be forced to readopt it, because it's not just income, and even if you believe it is, income doesn't fix rheumatic fever, the quality of the house, or dad committing crime."

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2018/02/0...-his-big-idea#
                          Last edited by eri; 11-04-2019, 09:38 PM.
                          have you defeated them?
                          your demons

Comment

Originally posted by eri View Post
                            bill english tried to

but because bill english tried to
                            Oddly they didn't take that to the election - I would have voted for them if they had.
                            Best approach ever and it died - the party's heart wasn't really in it.

Comment

so why dont they introduce policies that target them instead of a scattergun approach that worries good parents?
                              What?

Good parents and bad parents ALL need to immunise their children.

You can't 'parent' your way to your kids not getting measles!
                              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                Oddly they didn't take that to the election - I would have voted for them if they had.
                                Best approach ever and it died - the party's heart wasn't really in it.
                                Speaking at the Institute of Public Administration as Finance Minister on February 19, 2015, Mr English explained this approach as “At its heart, Social Investment is about understanding what makes the most difference to people’s lives,
                                and using evidence to make do more of what works.”

of course they took it to the election

pity you missed it

national have always stood pretty solidly behind bill + his ideas, he's good with spending wisely

not sure why you say otherwise

july 2017

after the election coalition puts it under review......then kills it off

The big-data, intricate-detail approach to lifting vulnerable families out of poverty is up for review, with the new Labour Government confirming it would be "repackaged".
                                That would likely include reducing the level of data collected, so vulnerable people could not be identified at an individual level

feb2018

why did labour killed off something bill had worked out with the salvation army?

because they hate the whole idea of "standards" + "evidence"

goes against their whole

"just trust people and give them other people's money to solve their problems"

got a problem with money?

no problem!

here's some of someone else's money

there's no restriction on how you spend it
                                ...hahaha

if you need more, just vote for again

and we'll strip more bark from the money tree
                                Last edited by eri; 12-04-2019, 10:12 PM.
                                have you defeated them?
                                your demons

Comment

Working...
                                X