• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 132
  1. #111
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John the builder View Post
    but whatever there must be allowance for those making theior own informed decsions and your premise that "anti-vaxxers are stupid" removes any dignity from your argument


    You should hear what Chris Hipkins said about anti-vaxxers:
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-are-proplague

    "Those people who are anti-vaccination are pro plague. It is a ridiculous position, it is not based on science," he said.
    "There are very good reasons why we require a certain level of the population to be immunised,so we are not susceptible to massive outbreaks and where those people arguing against it on non-science are basically irresponsible."
    The momentum is building and this government is going to sort those anti-vaxxers out.
    Now an interesting question - which party would the anti-vaxxers normally vote for?

  2. #112

    Default

    which party would the anti-vaxxers normally vote for?
    it is more likely that an ideological driven labour party would force this issue because there only creative approach is to regulate and legislate but the anti vaxers are likely cross party although you might expect the greens to be more sensitive,

    If you care about what goes into the environment and your body then injecting pharmaceuticals seems counter cultural.

    but if you care about persona;l responsibility and human rights then you might also be aghast at any mandatory immunization that doesn't allow for conscience

    What this issue needs is education and trust building not nanny state impositions

  3. #113
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,556

    Default

    That's what I was thinking.
    Labour sounds like they're going to get stuck into the anti-vaxxers which will cost them votes in the next election.
    Sounds good to me.

  4. #114
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,556

    Default Kentucky teen who sued over vaccine gets chickenpox


  5. #115

    Default

    Mr Weist told NBC News his young client did not regret his decision to remain unvaccinated
    isnt that the way its supposed to work? you get sick you get proper care, you recover, and you are naturally immune.

    In this case because it was a religious and moral motivation his conscience is clear.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...=.8caaaf8e140b

  6. #116
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,556

    Default

    Yep.
    Catch chickenpox, recover and you strengthen the group immunity.
    Or get the vaccine.
    If you don't want the vaccine then catch chickenpox.
    To do neither is anti-social.
    That kids lawyer told him to catch chickenpox and his problems would go away.
    Smart lawyer.
    Stupid kid.

  7. #117

    Default

    Your continual denigration of conscience as "stupid" is pathetic given these people may have good grounds. You really do little to dignify your otherwise reasonable points with personal attacks that are not justified.

    in that Kentucky case the young man was a hero.

    It is not anti social to catch chicken pox it is natural condition and few of these diseases are life threatening if care is appropriate Polio is exception perhaps and vaccines justified,

    I object to bureaucrats adding to the list to create ever growing cocktails of vaccines (some with dubious ethical associations)and some designed to target certain population groups but imposed on the whole to catch these. It is dishonest.

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    5,754

    Default

    My lad has cold urticaria and was stood down from school as they feared he had the measles.

  9. #119
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John the builder View Post
    Your continual denigration of conscience as "stupid" is pathetic given these people may have good grounds. You really do little to dignify your otherwise reasonable points with personal attacks that are not justified.
    Conscience is not science.
    Those people are living in the dark ages.

    Quote Originally Posted by John the builder View Post
    in that Kentucky case the young man was a hero.
    He was stupid.
    He even ignored the advice of his lawyer.

    Quote Originally Posted by John the builder View Post
    It is not anti social to catch chicken pox it is natural condition and few of these diseases are life threatening if care is appropriate Polio is exception perhaps and vaccines justified,
    You continually misread what I write.

    Quote Originally Posted by John the builder View Post
    I object to bureaucrats adding to the list to create ever growing cocktails of vaccines (some with dubious ethical associations)and some designed to target certain population groups but imposed on the whole to catch these. It is dishonest.
    Objection noted.

  10. #120

    Default

    Conscience is not science.
    Those people are living in the dark ages.
    \

    Dr Josef Mengele was a scientist? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Mengel

    Just because we can do something doesn't mean we should?

    Science without conscience is dangerous and (as the post elegantly states) is stupid.
    Last edited by John the builder; 12-05-2019 at 10:03 AM. Reason: edit


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Stupid Banks
    By PTILoveYou in forum Finance, legal and tax (NZ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 27-05-2015, 07:13 PM
  2. The Anti-Smacking 'Law' Debate
    By mrsaneperson in forum Coffee Lounge
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 08:12 PM
  3. Stupid People Picks
    By Marc in forum Coffee Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-06-2012, 12:11 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-11-2010, 10:14 AM
  5. Stupid People
    By BusyLizzy in forum Forum Funnies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-09-2008, 12:48 PM
  6. New Law - Anti SPAM - watch out!
    By donna in forum General (NZ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-02-2007, 10:36 AM
  7. Stupid is as stupid does
    By spaceman in forum Forum Funnies
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 31-01-2007, 09:49 AM
  8. Anti-Monopoly
    By Julian in forum General (NZ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-09-2005, 07:51 PM
  9. A stupid question
    By crazysydneydude in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-12-2003, 10:03 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •