Anti-vaxxers are stupid people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
    Perry, infants under 12 months cannot be vaccinated against measles.
    I did not refer to that group. Rather, I asked . . .

Originally posted by Perry
    How was that determined, in each case?
    This 'odd group' are . . . those with medical conditions which can't handle vaccines. These people cannot be vaccinated . . .
    Why just measles? Just because measles is 'in the news,' at the moment? Which leads me back to this . . .

REPEAT
    We protect them via 'herd immunity' which seems a responsible thing to do.
    Quaint expression. What does it mean, exactly?

"Herd immunity" doesn't seem to have worked at the places of the present problems, does it?

Comment

^

no

because they stopped vaccinating the herd!
      have you defeated them?
      your demons

Comment

I linked an explanation of herd immunity.
        Basically, if everyone bar the immuno-compromised are immune, the diseases can't do the rounds and the immuno-compromised aren't exposed. The her immunity keeps them safe.
        Once people start refusing to get vaccinated, the diseases are able to spread and sooner or later the immuno-compromised come into contact with a carrier.

As well as babies, think transplant patients, AIDS carriers, cancer patients etc.
        My blog. From personal experience.
        http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
          Quaint expression. What does it mean, exactly?

"Herd immunity" doesn't seem to have worked at the places of the present problems, does it?
          Perry,
          - You don't seem to know that some people can't be immunised
          - you don't seem to be aware of the term 'herd immunity'

You're missing two/thirds of the knowledge required to discuss this.
          You've arrive at a gunfight with no bullets.
          I'm not sure why I'm being polite to you.
          Take a few deep breaths before you reply.

Comment

One of the worst flu's I ever got was contracted off a workmate several years ago(on a Fishing vessel hard to get away)

He only a week earlier had received the flu vaccine along with his 14yr daughter, she had first come down to a condemned to bed for days flu
            days later into the trip workmate ended up very weak + high fever ....then, of course, I caught the bloody most horrible flu .....so both of us were just a mess even sitting upright was painful sheets soaked in sweet, uncontrolable shaking had to end the trip .

. I drugged myself to the eyeballs to be able to drive home then spent another two days in an utter mess never have I felt so sick over 4 days lost over 4kilos in weight.pretty much crawl to the toilet and shake uncontrollable (sorry about the mess wife) . all symtoms pointed to swine flu I certainly could see how older people could die from it..

Now, this was during the whole "SWINE FLU" scare,,, and the reason for why my workmate and family got the flu vaccine which I understand had strains of Swine flu to give him so called protection ...

Later gave workmate plenty of stick ...go get a flu-jab then get the bloody worse flu ever, but he was very pro vaccines stating it didn't cover all strains of flu and was just bad luck.. and proberly his daughter's fault school bug etc ...

Still won't catch me jab a flu vaccine after that nightmare only positive is I should have lifelong immunity from ever contracting swine flu again.

Now years later Eating very healthy diet low sugars fats etc(having chronic IBS really forced to) low to nil alcohol plently of H20 many supplements and I've been cold -flu free(outside a dry cough for a couple days etc) for more than two years compared to getting every bug going around for most of my life of lollies and fastfood ...pretty much could set a timer to it every winter I'd have 2-3 really bad colds/flus etc
            Last edited by JBM; 01-04-2019, 12:02 AM.

Comment

I have the same sort of experience with flu shots.
              Terribly sick every year I got one.
              Not a sniffle the years I didn't.
              Vaccination is a miracle treatment - especially for terrible diseases like Polio - not so sure it is as great as advertised for flu though.
              The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

I get the flu jab every year. And I haven't had the flu or even more than a sniffle in about 5 years.

So what does my experience and the experience of others here mean?

Nothing.

It's just anecdotal.

It's what happens with thousands of people that is important. Not just a few isolated 'tales'.
                Squadly dinky do!

Comment

The latent point is becoming a little obscure.

It's called freedom of choice.

Not always 100% black or white, of course, but it is in this situation, as I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by PC View Post
                    Vaccination is a miracle treatment - especially for terrible diseases like Polio - not so sure it is as great as advertised for flu though.
                    well soon they will have a Vaccine to help drug users ...and I did here a while ago they were developing one for diarrhea ... I guess as long as the producers are making good profits and have 90% of the population taking them up as Tax payers pay for most they will continue to develop new vaccines ... might well get one to help Fattys from eating to much ,,,baldness . mental illness ...

http://www.pharmatimes.com/web_exclusives/vaccine_market_projected_to_reach_$77.5_billion_by _2024_1232012

Comment

It's called freedom of choice.
                      I agree with you - always have.
                      It's just that anti-vaxxers are stupid and calling them stupid is all we can do.
                      So far, the PC police haven't ruled that out.
                      If enough people do it then we might embarrass them into changing their ways.

Comment

I haven't the time tonight to respond to this but I think this comment, while frequently expressed, is so wrong that it might be classed as stupid.
                        Once again, it ignores science and lives in the world of witchcraft.

Comment

Go on - don't be shy - knock us off the broom stick with the science.
                          Some double blind trials - not paid for by the vaccine manufacturer - would be a good start.

Weren't antibiotics just the bees knees not so long ago?
                          That settled science seems to have fallen off it's high horse lately.
                          The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

- You don't seem to know that some people can't be immunised
                            - you don't seem to be aware of the term 'herd immunity'
                            They have been mentioned in this thread. I am aware of both things.

You're missing two/thirds of the knowledge required to discuss this.
                            Not so - see above.

You've arrive at a gunfight with no bullets.
                            I'm not sure why I'm being polite to you.
                            Take a few deep breaths before you reply.
                            Done.

You're being polite because we all try to be so.

You have a seemingly unbounded faith in medical science.

Almost to the point of believing it to be infallible, inviolable and absolute.

Medical science is littered with 'the final words' on so many things, it's embarrassing.

Have you heard of the bygone era state-of-the-art medical science term, "blood letting?"

Do you know of the past state-of-the-art medical science practice of using leeches?

Are you aware that Dr Semmelweis (early eighteen hundreds) suggested that washing hands and cleanliness would lead to reduced patient mortality? That was totally contrary to state-of-the-art medical science practice of the era. Semmelweis was drummed from the medical profession and driven insane because he had the temerity and gall to question the accepted wisdom of the time.

No, I did not find that on Utube or Wikipedia or the like. It is something I researched years ago, when encyclopaedias were paper and cardboard.

Comment

Go on - don't be shy - knock us off the broom stick with the science.
                              Some double blind trials - not paid for by the vaccine manufacturer - would be a good start.
                              I can do better than that.
                              Real life example: me
                              Every time I get a flu shot - I don't get the flu!
                              100% success rate.
                              That proves flu shots are safe.
                              And - I'm not paid by a vaccine manufacturer.

Comment

You have a seemingly unbounded faith in medical science.
                                Almost to the point of believing it to be infallible, inviolable and absolute.
                                Medical science is littered with 'the final words' on so many things, it's embarrassing.
                                My faith in medical science is because it is continually researching and improving knowledge.
                                It is never absolute.
                                And it is continually being scrutinized and challenged by others.
                                Any flaws and problems are exposed.
                                Any new discoveries are quickly published.
                                That's how medicine has advanced over the last 200 years.
                                I'm pretty happy with this approach.

Comment

Working...
                                X