Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valuation of a resource consent for land use

Hi all,

Had a defacto relationship breakup - during the time of relationship I engaged a architect to design a 182m2/4 bedroom dwelling on the same site as the primary residence.
    A resource consent was granted for this activity, however no building consent was granted. Also pertinent to note that this is not a resource consent for subdivision, however land use to construct a separate dwelling (2 dwellings on 1 title).

Some points to note:

Initial ballpark talks from the builder indicate a build cost of $600k - for something that would be worth $850k on completion (maybe?).
    Architecture costs were split while we were in the relationship, this totaled $30k.
    No work has started, no building consent has been granted, no subdivision consent has been granted

Now I am going through the division of assets and my ex partners solicitor is claiming that the value of this consent significantly increases the value of the asset. Thoughts? (Yes I am also about to engage a valuer)
    Last edited by iknownothing; 04-03-2019, 02:15 PM.

It's only potential - unrealised, at that.

The other side will always 'try things on,' and your legal adviser should be able to counter such claims.

Comment

Consent increases the value unfortunately.
      Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

RC only have a limited life how old is this one?. The value is in the cost of the RC. Not the future potential profit??

Comment

Originally posted by Nick G View Post
          Consent increases the value unfortunately.
          Yes, but is this calculated of the future yield or based on the cost of obtaining the consent?

How do you attribute a value to future potential growth, and given the primary dwelling and the consent cannot be sold separately (no subdivision) this limits the value significantly?

Comment

10 months old into a 5 year lifespan. I would agree with you in the above but am looking for advice?

Comment

Working...
            X