No announcement yet.

Healthy Homes Guarantee Act standards announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intriguing, but unable to access the standard without paying for it so not going there. If as you say Tenancy Services have stuffed it up then I cant see how they could come after us, and my tenants are really happy with what they have and say it is warming them adequately (ie it is fit for purpose), so not going to look into this any further. Suggest you raise this to whoever is today's opposition spokesperson on Housing for a parliamentary question (while they are back), I have lost track who that is now

Comment

• Originally posted by mrhaboobi View Post
      Read this page the section on Hyper core to understand what i'm pointing out about the power degrading

So for me to achieve 6.3KW of heat when its -4 degrees outside ( as per the requirements given in the calculator ) i actually need to buy a 9 KW heat pump to account for the performance loss,
      So we all need hypercore - they are constant output to -15

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
        So we all need hypercore - they are constant output to -15
        yes that is what i was suggested. However Hypercore only make up to 6KW. above that its not hypercore. and it would be pretty poor to have a standard that relies on one brand being able to make a specific product..

Comment

• And of course the standard completely misses the point that the vast majority of people dont sit in their living room at 4am or whenever the coldest part of the day is.

Comment

• Originally posted by divxmaster View Post
            And of course the standard completely misses the point that the vast majority of people dont sit in their living room at 4am or whenever the coldest part of the day is.
            That's exactly where the student communist movement leaders spend their evenings. Plotting how to make us the next workers paradise with them as the glorious leader....
            The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

• Well I think I now know where all the 'meth assessor' charlatans went to. Healthy homes compliance companies.
              Just got my first assessment. Lounge size, 30-40sqm (house is only 100sqm). Location Wairarapa.
              Assessed heating requirement for lounge:

18.3KW

No, I am not joking.

Cheers,
              Mike.

Comment

Well I think I now know where all the 'meth assessor' charlatans went to. Healthy homes compliance companies.
                Just got my first assessment. Lounge size, 30-40sqm (house is only 100sqm). Location Wairarapa.

18.3KW

No, I am not joking.

Cheers,
                Mike.
                really lol... do you have a room with no walls no insulation and maybe just plastic wrapped.. thats insane.

Comment

• yeah, and my property manager has already paid these monkeys $171 on my behalf.

Comment

yeah, and my property manager has already paid these monkeys $171 on my behalf.
                    maybe you can name and shame the company, so we can avoid them aswell

Comment

• Originally posted by mrhaboobi View Post
                      maybe you can name and shame the company, so we can avoid them aswell
                      Not sure if that is allowed?
                      The room has an existing 14KW log burner. i.e, a big one, which they say is not enough. crazy.

Comment

Well I think I now know where all the 'meth assessor' charlatans went to. Healthy homes compliance companies.

18.3KW

No, I am not joking.

Cheers,
                        Mike.
                        Ask to see the actual calculation sheet.

Comment

• Can you or someone else local do the measurements etc and test the output against the HUD app result? If the result is significantly different request an explanation from the PM (and a refund).

ETA - and what Wayne said.

Comment

• Thanks,
                            Well disaster averted somewhat, my fire guy came back and said that fire is actually 18kw. So the compliance company said they will pass it.
                            But still totally crazy.
                            Another interesting point though, also on the report is that it DOESNT need a moisture barrier sheet, as it has good underfloor ventilation.
                            This is not my understanding of the standard, but I'm not going to complain.
                            Might be something to look into for others.

Cheers,
                            Mike

Comment

Thanks,
                              Well disaster averted somewhat, my fire guy came back and said that fire is actually 18kw. So the compliance company said they will pass it.
                              But still totally crazy.
                              Another interesting point though, also on the report is that it DOESNT need a moisture barrier sheet, as it has good underfloor ventilation.
                              This is not my understanding of the standard, but I'm not going to complain.
                              Might be something to look into for others.

Cheers,
                              Mike
                              Re the moisture barrier - not all places need it.
                              If it has a standard ring foundation (ie enclosed with just the little grill vent every few metres) then it will need it.
                              A lot of places where the floor is higher off the ground have timber around the underfloor - they often don't need it.

I'd still be asking for their calc sheet - 18kW is a lot of heat requirement unless the lounge opens to a stairway or isn't actually closed off.

Comment

• I'm struggling with the max 3mm gap for windows and doors. It's crazy and not as easy as just putting in some draft stop as we've found that can prevent windows from closing and the gap ends up being more -
                                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
                                X