• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Hi , How does this sound , if it's reasonable - a meeting with Tenant/s waiting for Insulation get done and agreeing on an unobtrusive similar arrangement like this statement , anything to modify tips suggestions ?

Because one of our landlord friends, he got over 150 properties and 13 of them still needs get insulation done he said due to various reasons as well as where tenants not willing & or being able to arrange access and or caused delays for Insulation staff to turn up etc etc ( but I do understand that it still needs done, and landlord's responsibility, liability anyway) .Nevertheless , I'll await for your feed back

" Following has been discussed and mutually agreed with Tenants, ..............................................(nam e ) and ...............................................Lan dlords(name) , at .................................................. .............. (address ) ..............................(date)

Smoke alarms are tested and found working.

TENANCY SERVICES/LEGISLATIVE STUFF/SOME EXTRACTS from Media/websites:

"From 1 July 2019, a landlord who has not installed ceiling and floor insulation where reasonably practicable will be in breach of the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA) and may face the Tenancy Tribunal.

“The RTA does not allow for extensions, and this would be unfair to those landlords who have acted in time to do the right thing,”

The Tenancy Compliance and Investigation Team will continue to focus on landlords who systematically breach the Residential Tenancies Act by failing to properly install mandatory smoke alarms, provide insulation statements, and – following the 1 July 2019 deadline – install insulation.

“Insulating a property can be complicated work, and landlords need to get in quick to ensure their rentals are done in time as some insulation installers may already be booked up. Having a plan in place will not be enough to protect a landlord from financial penalties.

BACKGROUND - Delay (LL - Generic & T - Personal ) :

Due to disparity of quotes , statements from Insulation Installers some quotes ranging $999 - $4800 for same house, on similar product plus some cowboy companies / tradies engaged and had to ask to leave jobs and costly insulation reinstatement s, plus partly due to delays with tenant communications, due to their personal reasons ie, not being able to contact, respond & tenants wanting to be home to arrange access for Insulation Installers but failing to do so timely manner, following has been discussed and agreed.

SOLUTIONS OFFERED & MUTUALLY AGREED:

A ) Went through near by similar properties available TO LET in the area, able to move in soon and landlord/Jason P agreed should the tenant agrees to terminate in the current circumstances, as detailed above, Landlord is happy to release the Tenancy and bond in full and assist with sign in process with new landlords and terminate current Tenancy, with last week rent free to Tenants, should they wish to do so within 48hrs, if so to communicate with Jason P asap in writing.

Or

B) As there 's no other issues or health and safety concerns with property and Insulation is in progress and booked in/made arrangements to get insulated but may be hadn't managed to meet the deadline , landlord has not been ignoring the legislation instead has been actively engaged, hence it is mutually agreed Tenants are still happy to proceed with Tenancy as is and will not escalate the issues or terminate the Tenancy .

ANY OTHER COMMENTS:

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................

Tenants ( signature ) ..................Date............. Landlord (Signature...................Date ..........................

It doesn't matter how it sounds. You can't contract out of the law. If a busybody wants to be stickler for the rules you haven't got a leg to stand on.

Agreed. That's the situation.

Anita, why not spend your time on actually installing the insulation yourself?
    It's not that hard.

Hi Bob

I certainly would have if I were handy. Let me know if you know of any one who can help.

Just give your tenants $4000.
    That will be easier for you.

Haven't we known about the requirement to have properties insulated by 1 July 2019 for the past 4 years? We redid ours, taking out the silver foil and replacing with Greenstuff 18 months ago.
    I also note that on a few HNZ properties we inspect that some have no insulation.......just saying a few have slipped through the cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by sidinz View Post
    Someone posted on the FB page yesterday that they'd been to a talk by the MBIE head honcho who has stated that he won't be chasing up people who have booked in/made arrangements to get insulated but hadn't managed to meet the deadline. He's more interested in the ones just ignoring the legislation.
    In some ways I hope that isn't the case. How many years notice have we had?

Or even without the new laws, shouldn't we as landlords be insulating anyway?

Ross
    Not sure where to start, book a free chat for 5-10 minutes https://cswaikato.co.nz/services-pro...s-hamilton/201
    Ross Barnett - Coombe Smith Property Accountants

If you buy a new property today. I presume you have to insulate the property before renting?

Does anyone know if this a fact? I presume there is no extension, just because you just purchased?

Ross
    Not sure where to start, book a free chat for 5-10 minutes https://cswaikato.co.nz/services-pro...s-hamilton/201
    Ross Barnett - Coombe Smith Property Accountants

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    If you buy a new property today. I presume you have to insulate the property before renting?

Does anyone know if this a fact? I presume there is no extension, just because you just purchased?

Ross
    I guess that becomes part of the negotiation when you buy and sell. We have just listed our rental property and had to tick the boxes regarding insulation.

Thread Information