Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rent Collection

Hi all,
    Our tenant has missed a weeks rent and I want to know what options I have. Am I allowed to charge a small collection fee for the time and trouble of following this up. I have made him aware of the missed rent, replied to texts including having to remind him our bank account number. We have still not got the money and talking to him doesn't seem to have any effect. Thanks, all advice and comments gratefully received.

Have you issued a 14 day notice?

Or a 90 day notice if periodic tenancy (90 days or earlier if ordered by the Tenancy Tribunal). You can cancel the notice if tenant pays correctly ongoing.

Missing even a week's rent and not paying despite follow ups is a big red flag.

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Welcome to the wonderful world of residential property investment.
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by HouseWorks View Post
        Am I allowed to charge a small collection fee for the time and trouble of following this up?
        AFAIK, you cannot do that - so no.

Comment

If we could, I'm sure there would be fewer cases of missed rent. For some, paying the rent would suddenly be a priority over Xmas presents/Xmas holiday and lead to better budgeting!
          My blog. From personal experience.
          http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

issued a 14 day notice then if still unpaid follow it up with TT
            My last property was left in a mess, and it took me 2 days to clean up ( at the same time muttering I dont need this !) for an urgent and better tenant.

Can I.... I just sucked it up and did it my self.... read life as a landlord thread
            Last edited by Perry; 03-02-2019, 02:32 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Working...
            X