Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

minor earthworks, etc, in wellington (porirua)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minor earthworks, etc, in wellington (porirua)

Hi - checking if anyone has any recent experience with minor earthworks / excvations in the Wellington / Porirua area? Looking to remove around 30m2 of earth up to 0.5m depth, from a gradually sloping hill - does anyone have recommended companies & or an idea of cost? no retaining wall will be needed. will update this once I do the actual work, provided it isn't too expensive! nick

Have you checked with the local council?

cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

My understanding of this size of earthworks doesn't require any council consents.

From memory you can do up to 100m2 earthworks with a cut up to 1.5m on a slope less than 45 degrees without consent but it would be worth asking.

Are you looking to have the soil removed from site or relocated on your site?

This is a pretty small job. I think you'll find a digger operator will change a minimum fee for this - assuming easy access probably a day rate + tipping fees. You should expect to pay $100/hr for digger but tipping fees in Porirua can be extortionate call and find out.

Might end up being better value to pay the travel time to the Wellington tip but with a 10m3 truck it's gonna be 2 loads

Comment

Working...
      X