• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2015


    Any concrete contractor will sort you out

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2016


    thanks for that. i'll look for a concrete contractor

  3. #13


    waterproofing is specialist coating

    you dont need the concrete but a reputable specialist applicator with a product that can withstand hydrostatic water pressure and it should go up the wall as well. If not done properly water will track somewhere else and gain entry (at the edges for example). Try Gunac waterproofing

  4. #14


    Water coming out of the cracks in the floor? This sounds strange. Hopefully this isnít going to cause foundation issues

    Do you have any photos?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2016


    I'm not worried about foundation issues,
    There is a very fine hairline that water comes out when the rain is heavy as the concrete floor is below ground level.
    If the house falls down I'll build another one.

  6. #16


    dampness is more a health issue for occupants. if you have free water from a crack you may well have evaporation through concrete as well.Tape a shett of plasic to the floor and leave for 24hrs. (See what you have under the film then? The plastic captures vapour).

    A surface coating stops vapour and is cost effective

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2016


    Ok thanks. Do you mean coating like bitumen?

    When it rains heavy, water actually comes through as I think the ground gets very saturated

  8. #18


    no most paints are simply pushed off by water pressure unless the pressure is onto the surface
    You need a specialist coating
    Talk to someone like Gunac waterproofing they have a range of products..Gunac.co.nz.

    another option is drains uphill of water that might be getting under floor. Draincoils can intercept the flow and lower water table, but this drained water needs to have somewhere to go.....
    Last edited by donna; 18-12-2018 at 03:23 PM.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Living area - ground floor vs first floor
    By Connor in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 24-11-2016, 02:59 PM
  2. Concrete floor for laundry
    By ryanstev in forum Property Improvements (NZ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 28-01-2014, 12:19 PM
  3. Concrete slab under a pole house
    By ryanstev in forum Property Improvements (NZ)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 20-12-2013, 04:42 PM
  4. small water drop on the wall and a little wet concrete floor
    By jhab in forum Property Improvements (NZ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-09-2013, 03:39 PM
  5. Insulation for concrete block house ?
    By Kolyan in forum Property Improvements (NZ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 30-05-2013, 05:20 PM
  6. House values losing ground
    By muppet in forum Regions News (NZ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 09:54 PM
  7. House prices hit floor - Hamilton
    By muppet in forum Regions News (NZ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 03:06 PM
  8. House - Floor Area
    By flame in forum General (NZ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-08-2006, 01:50 PM
  9. Walls, floor poisoned in 'P' lab house
    By muppet in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 12:05 AM
  10. Welcome and please read this!
    By Marc in forum Other Investments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2003, 02:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts