Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you buy a land that is not yet titled off someone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you buy a land that is not yet titled off someone?

Hi sorry if it is very unclear, I am just wondering how money changes hands when a land is not titled and vendor only has paid a deposit to the developer?

Say vendor bought land for $250k. Paid developer say 25k deposit, and 225k due upon title which is say in 6-12 months.

Now if you buy if off vendor for 300k for example ...

Are there any special clauses you need to include in the S&P?

Subject to title being issued.

If you're buying, I would definitely have a sunset clause on that sucker.
    Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

if bank is involved they wont hand money over till title available as they cant get mortgage registered assuming you cant register to existing title?

I knew a case where title never eventuated and S and P was left hanging with deposit left with agent

Comment

Hi thanks,
        Sorry I didn't get a notification and wasn't aware of your helpful replies.

So I am suggesting that the contract does not bind until title is issued? There will be no agent fees as this is a private sale.

And if I may ask what's the best way to word the sunset clause on this? The title is due "sometime in the second half of 2019".

Regards

Comment

the wording is critical and a lawyer is required to get it right.

Comment

I just heard from the other party's lawyer that the money goes to vendor's lawyer who then pays the developer's lawyer.

Now I don't really want to pay the vendor's lawyer all the money to sit there for 6 months ... there must be a way to word the S&P so that i don't pay anything more than a deposit until title is issued?

Comment

That doesn't sound right. You would pay a deposit, it will be held in trust, but you won't settle until title issued. This is all very common so have your solicitor draw up the classes for you.
              Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Working...
              X