• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    8,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick G View Post
    Arguing against urbanization is like denying climate change. It's happening regardless of what you want to be true.
    No one is arguing against urbanization.

    We're talking about various countries populations.
    Squadly dinky do!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    8,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Kane View Post
    Not yet.
    Why don't you spell it out for me.
    I don't think I can. I don't think anyone can. You take a position and then firmly close your mind.

    But you do this for your self in the next 2 lines you write.
    Squadly dinky do!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    8,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Kane View Post
    * some = 5 million people in Sydney out of 8 million in NSW.
    They live there by choice.
    And they aren't trying to move to NZ.
    Why are you now changing the argument to cities instead of countries?

    Also this is what is called a straw man argument.

    You make a claim that has nothing to do with what we're talking about then go "See! I told you so!"

    Here's my random argument: Well, you know the number of kiwis (the birds) are decreasing right? See I told you so!
    Squadly dinky do!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    8,065

    Default

    Oh and Bob, you have been saying for years and years that house prices in NZ never go down.

    Still sticking with that?
    Squadly dinky do!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davo36 View Post
    Why are you now changing the argument to cities instead of countries?
    Sorry.
    Back on topic then.
    Why don't thousands of aussies come to NZ to live?
    NZ has a smaller population than Australia so our country must be better.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davo36 View Post
    Oh and Bob, you have been saying for years and years that house prices in NZ never go down.

    Still sticking with that?
    I've been waiting years for you to supply some examples of:
    1. The year NZ house prices went down
    2. The amount of the price drop
    3. How long before the prices went back up again.

    I gave one example many years ago.
    Can you supply more examples?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    8,065

    Default

    You have been waiting and not seeing for years.

    Here's one from today: https://www.interest.co.nz/property/...lumes-slightly

    However in the country's largest real estate market, Auckland, November's median of $867,000 was up slightly compared to October's $864,500, but down 1.5% compared to November last year.
    The figures show that median prices are continuing to rise around much of the country, but have remained largely flat in Auckland since dropping back slightly from the record high of $900,000 set in March last year.
    But of course you'll see that as a gain somehow.

    Do you look up at the sky and see blue? I believe it's pink, and nothing anyone will say will change that. Blue is a colour that doesn't exist in NZ.

    If you think it does, prove to me that it does.
    Last edited by Davo36; Yesterday at 02:30 PM.
    Squadly dinky do!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,314

    Default

    You really don't comprehend statistics at all, do you.
    Years ago I asked you to name a year that house prices went down.
    You came back with 1988 if I remember correctly.
    Only problem was house prices didn't go down in that year.
    When I pointed that out to you, you responded with a bellowing attack on me.
    You should have just found out the actual year house prices went down.
    And again now I've asked you to name any year that house prices have gone down.
    You can't, can you?
    Instead you bellow and bluster about the pink sky.
    You seem to have firmly entrenched views but when questioned, you cannot explain why you have those firm views and resort to personal attacks.
    Do you lack confidence?


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. residential growth vs commercial growth
    By Beano in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 28-09-2016, 05:20 AM
  2. Te Atatu Peninsula still good for capital growth?
    By Button in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-02-2016, 09:46 PM
  3. The good thing about disasters
    By Bob Kane in forum Coffee Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 26-07-2011, 10:35 PM
  4. CV growth depends on population growth
    By eri in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22-06-2011, 08:37 AM
  5. Best thing for me to do
    By mattlloyd481 in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-12-2009, 02:09 PM
  6. How can good planning encourage economic growth?
    By Shalodge in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 14-09-2009, 10:21 PM
  7. How to make $1m: get on a good thing and stick to it
    By muppet in forum Coffee Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 04:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •