Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace shower

Hi all
    We have got a rental property. The shower tray in the shower box has a small crack. Can it be fixed or need to get a replacement? I am looking at the frameless glass shower as well. Are they good? I heard that they are always leaking water from glass door. Which option will you choose?
    1. Fix it (if it is possible )
    2. Replacement shower box
    3. Frameless shower

Any recommendations trader in east Auckland?

Thanks

Originally posted by Ng043 View Post
    Hi all
    We have got a rental property. The shower tray in the shower box has a small crack. Can it be fixed or need to get a replacement? I am looking at the frameless glass shower as well. Are they good? I heard that they are always leaking water from glass door. Which option will you choose?
    1. Fix it (if it is possible )
    2. Replacement shower box
    3. Frameless shower

Any recommendations trader in east Auckland?

Thanks
    Replace the base it cannot be fixed

Comment

Replace it as Beano has suggested, but note you will need to get a plumber in to install the drain into the new base.

Comment

Replacement acrylic shower with shower dome (unless you have a good extractor fan system). Cheap and good!
        Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

You should be able to patch it using resin or fibreglass :
          Your shower tray is the foundation of your shower. Click here to learn how to repair it if it becomes damaged to prevent leaks.

Comment

Thank you so much guys. Any recommended traders? I just got quoted for $5000 to replace the whole shower. They can’t just replace base.

Comment

I just ordered this product Plast-Aid to try and repair a crack in the shower , you can get it from Spatex, Australia.Its around $60 incl freight.

It melds into the plastic and hopefully will fix the crack :

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If you want to replace the whole shower , possibly Showerwell is ok, they charge $235 for install but they don't pull out the original shower . If you do get a new shower make sure the drain of the base is in the same place as the old one otherwise you will have some extra complications.

Comment

Working...
              X