• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Day seven in Parkovia.

The men in boxes.

As I mentioned yesterday, dear reader, in Parkovia there are men captive in little metal boxes.

They seem to be tax collecting, just the same as the tax collecting mechanical men.
    But you mustn't be alarmed at their incarceration, they seem happy enough.

The boxes do have large windows on each side, and a circle of small breathing holes have been drilled so they may not suffocate.
    A small slot has been cut at the bottom of one of the windows, people pass tax money through these, and passports are stamped here too.

I tried to talk with the person in the box, to ask how they came to such a predicament, but they did not speak English.
    After trying several languages, an informal greeting in Mandarin produced a smile on his face, and a kind nod.

I'm not sure why the invisible government of Parkovia have two types of tax collectors.
    I will figure it out though.

Today, I noticed my behavior changed because of yesterdays outlaw.

I had to move more slowly around the corners of Parkovia, as there was a very possible chance that an outlaw might be disobeying the directional arrows.

There was a very real chance of a collision,
    It seems that the freedom of the outlaw had wrapped my own life in more caution and red tape.

I suppose the Parkovian government had lost tax too, and someone lost a parking space.
    Parkovia is indeed a microcosm of the greater world.
    Last edited by McDuck; 01-12-2018 at 05:48 AM.

A Holiday away from Parkovia.

I am away from Parkovia at the moment, and have time to reflect on the place.

I was wondering how my immigration affected each individual section of Parkovian society.
    Most of the direct effects I have already mentioned, but there were some unexpected indirect effects.

For example, to go on holiday, I needed to exit past the border Mechanical men.
    My favorite mechanical man , Buzz I have named him , (on account of the sound he makes when he takes my passport, and his black and yellow stripes).
    well, Buzz was very busy.

There were very long lines at the border.

Congestion, it seems, plays no favourites.
    I was surprised to see the Reserved park Parkovians caught up in this gridlock too.
    One particular Reserved parker, stood out because she had a distinctive large glossy black tin can.
    She was trapped in her spot by the line of Parkovians wanting to also go on holiday.
    She was trapped for a very long time indeed.
    And time, in this world, is tradable for money (small metal discs) and food, (chemical and water fuel for the liquid filled ones).

Yes, I know what you're thinking, why do Parkovians all go on holiday at the same time?
    It's to do with ancient traditions and the glowing ball in the sky, and the way it works with our watery biology.

But that a story for another set of readers.

TBC.
    Last edited by McDuck; 01-12-2018 at 05:58 AM.

Don't want to be a killjoy but has anyone heard about Jacinda signing NZ up to the UN's open door policy for mass global immigration ?

http://www.rightminds.nz/articles/wi...migration-pact

Quote Originally Posted by mrsaneperson View Post
    Don't want to be a killjoy but has anyone heard about Jacinda signing NZ up to the UN's open door policy for mass global immigration ?

http://www.rightminds.nz/articles/wi...migration-pact

Inflation and Shrinkflation in the land of Parkovia.

Yes good reader, Parkovia too finds itself not existing totally free of other countries.
    The Parkovian government has agreements with the country of Tow truckia, and Policia to mention a few.
    In fact it's the relationship with the neighboring country of High-rise-ia that has caused inflation in the land of Parkovia.

This day in Parkovia, my tax collecting friend in the little vented metal and glass cage had changed.
    Totally changed in fact, he was now a older man, trained in the medical profession, in the far away land where Hindi is the communication code.
    He spoke English perfectly too though, so I was to ask him many questions about the history of Parkovia.

I asked him why the prices on wall had gone up 15% in three months and another 15% three months later.
    He sighted some sort of supply and demand logic, and indicated that workers from the neighbouring developing country of high-rise-iai were pushing prices up.

I had also noticed some obfuscation and social tampering from the Parkovian government for the first time.
    The price rises were some what hidden by offering many new options, and one only slightly more expensive option, but a full our earlier in the morning.
    They accurately devised that many moving pieces of data would hide the increase, a kind of Shrinkflation.

I decided then, to look for another country to live in - the next time I was out sailing my tin can, on the long tar seal rivers that crisscross the great continent, that Parkovia sat upon.

Religion in the land of parkovia,

Dear reader, it's at this point, I should tell you about a powerful religion that sweeps the lands around Parkovia.
    The holy men of this cult are known by many names.
    I know them as the metal serpent men.
    They would have all free people ride within the bellies of the large, segmented, mechanical serpents that they have constructed.

Silver and immense, glinting in the sunlight, they roar past extending out of sight in both directions.
    The faces of trapped people can be seen glumly peering from glass portals in their sides.
    Dear reader, I know it's incredible to imagine such things, but they are truly immense mechanical creatures, and deadly too.
    Be warned.
    They will kill you without a thought should you dare cross their path.

The metal serpents slide on metal rivers, and burrow deep underground.
    The tar seal rivers are in disarray from the holes they are making.
    The followers of the Metal Serpent have whispered into the ears of the ones that control the lands surrounding Parkovia.

They would like to have every free person inside the belly of those metal serpents.
    Then they would take taxes themselves.

And I feel this is a plan that they push with great skill and stealth.
    I fear my days of sailing the tar seal rivers will become almost impossible soon, as the metal serpent men consolidate their power.

TBC
    Last edited by McDuck; 13-12-2018 at 05:54 AM.

Having fun talking to yourself mate?
    Squadly dinky do!

Quote Originally Posted by Davo36 View Post

Ha Ha.
    Wouldn't that make you a nobody?
    So, why exactly is this writing bothering you?

I didn't say it was...
    Squadly dinky do!

I didn't say it was...

HaHa.

Trains.
    The metal serpents are trains.

The "French Metro" and "London underground" were the two Victorian solutions to an ancient city type problem.
    Our local chap is even from the Metro I think.

We, by contrast are a new country and have the Californian, motorway, petrol and suburbia type situation.

It's a bit off the direct topic of immigration, but in considering why people choose one country or the next requires a bit of thinking about alternatives destinations.

Since Immigration is basically someone shifting from A to B, you really need to understand whats better about B than A.

Also how easy it to travel the line between A and B.
    Last edited by McDuck; Today at 07:02 AM.

Actually, thinking about it, I can think of a way you can be involved and contribute to the ideas as they unfold.

I could use your help analysing the function of a house.

So, the city could be considered as the hub of housing activities.
    And the houses as small storage places for the city workers and shifters.
    Suburbs are remote storage locations.
    Apartments are closer storage locations.

Developers try to surf the expansion by extending the remote location outward and the closer locations upward.

Question:
    Is the city centric model the best way to think of a house?
    Is a house best understood as a storage place for workers and shifters,(for the rebar and concrete machine we call a city)?

* Shoppers could be considered as shifters, of both goods and cash.
    Last edited by McDuck; Today at 10:44 AM.

Thread Information