Authoritative book on NZ commercial property scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authoritative book on NZ commercial property scene

Hello everyone, please recommend good books on commercial property in nz (and if there's none, perhaps commercial property in australia). there are heaps of books on commercial property in the UK/US but i'm really looking for some local books that deal directly with our unique NZ commercial properties.
    thank you so much.

Check out the Empower education wedsite.
    Profiting from Property, not People

Want free help on taking your portfolio to the next level?

Comment

It is a well written book
      You can download a sample chapter from Peters' site

Comment

I did go to the Empower Education website but apparently all the books have run out of stock especially Peter Aranyi's book....

Comment

Originally posted by panda.po View Post
          I did go to the Empower Education website but apparently all the books have run out of stock especially Peter Aranyi's book....
          I bought mine 2nd hand on TradeMe - I felt it dealt with the basics well, yields have moved on a bit (down) since then, he tends to favour specific types of commercial property to an extent I'm not convinced is valid anymore and like many of these books is padded and takes twice as long to say anything.

I also read a bunch of commercial property books from the library - a lot of reading to grab some gems of advice. Bob Jones writes well and while how he made his initial $ isn't really valid anymore (very old book), he's at least entertaining and I did come away with the importance of finding the right deal from his writings.

Comment

Originally posted by panda.po View Post
            Well at least you got one chapter lol
            I think Olly Newman does a book too.
            (Ring his office )
            Ps did Peter say if he is going to update and reprint the book?

Comment

Originally posted by Beano View Post
              Well at least you got one chapter lol
              I think Olly Newman does a book too.
              (Ring his office )
              Ps did Peter say if he is going to update and reprint the book?
              No, there's no plan to update or re-print the book. Olly Newland's books are also out of print. There must be 'some' books written on NZ (or Australia) commercial properties...... Hard to believe there are thousands of books written on the NZ residential properties but practically none on commercial properties in this country.

Everyone, please help.

Comment

Anyone can do it - I just did a google search and there's a commercial property investing book out by Jeff Brill - so I recommend you too do a search Panda.po and you'll find what you're looking for

cheers,

Donna
                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Thanks Donna. I'll have a look at that book. Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Originally posted by donna View Post
                  Anyone can do it - I just did a google search and there's a commercial property investing book out by Jeff Brill - so I recommend you too do a search Panda.po and you'll find what you're looking for

cheers,

Donna

Comment

Originally posted by Scouser View Post
                    I bought mine 2nd hand on TradeMe - I felt it dealt with the basics well, yields have moved on a bit (down) since then, he tends to favour specific types of commercial property to an extent I'm not convinced is valid anymore and like many of these books is padded and takes twice as long to say anything.

I also read a bunch of commercial property books from the library - a lot of reading to grab some gems of advice. Bob Jones writes well and while how he made his initial $ isn't really valid anymore (very old book), he's at least entertaining and I did come away with the importance of finding the right deal from his writings.
                    Yes I agree I didn't really get any great knowledge gain on "peter Aranyi" Commercial property book .. IMHO its more commercial property for dumbies ..aka if you know nothing about commercial then your enjoy it ..

I personal think commercial property books from overseas would be fine around smart ideas on dealing with tenants and pro's cons of what type of commercial property to buy ..

Reading all the posts on PropertyTalks Commercial thread will give you more knowledge IMHO than the likes of Peter Aranyi basic book

Comment

Originally posted by JBM View Post
                      Yes I agree I didn't really get any great knowledge gain on "peter Aranyi" Commercial property book .. IMHO its more commercial property for dumbies ..aka if you know nothing about commercial then your enjoy it ..

I personal think commercial property books from overseas would be fine around smart ideas on dealing with tenants and pro's cons of what type of commercial property to buy ..

Reading all the posts on PropertyTalks Commercial thread will give you more knowledge IMHO than the likes of Peter Aranyi basic book
                      And catch up with some of the many commercial property investors ...in person !

Comment

You should read whatever you can get your hands on whether from abroad or local. If you resonate with just 1 or 2 ideas from a whole book then its worth while. Different investors have different risk profiles. For the mum and dad investor its often a small unit or multi unit property they start with so that if there is one non paying tenant then its not such a hurt. Its a good place to start , you will learn by doing and further reading. The next property you can be confident to take a bigger bite.
                        Profiting from Property, not People

Want free help on taking your portfolio to the next level?

Comment

Anyone thinking of selling their book 'Good Commercial Sense' by Karina Barrymore? Please let me know. Be real happy to buy it from ya. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                          X