Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the market just turn? Is it now a buyers market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The top of towners will continue on regardless, especially in Auckland, asset rich cash poor, who cares just hold on for the next cycle and watch your asset double in value.

FH
    "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
      Yeah well said Nick. It's not a buyers market in Wellington - far from it. Esp. in the areas around the new roading (north). Homes in Kapiti are on the market 5 days and they're sold.

cheers,

Donna
      cheap sections, why not build ?

Trade Me has 4982 Homes & Real Estate For Sale. View photos, use our mortgage calculator and see local schools to help you find your perfect place.
      Last edited by BlueSky; 02-02-2019, 04:47 PM.

Comment

a cheap AK section

in 1987, was $25k

in 2007-10, it was $250k

i know of some sections

carved from lead laden bush above a 24/7 noisy motorway in central auckland

i think they want $850k...

Last edited by eri; 02-02-2019, 07:13 PM.
        have you defeated them?
        your demons

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSky View Post
          a 100m2 build will cost no less than $250k and will take 12 months from settlement on that section to walking in the door so minimum total cost $450 on a half size section. By comparison an older 90m2 two bedroom in the same suburb on a full section asking price $340k.

there is no housing price crisis in Wellington... you can still buy a 2br 20mins from the CBD for under $350k

what people are complaining about is that in the popular areas some other person is willing to pay more to live there an I can or think I should have to! They’re effective complaining about the fact they live in a competitive world which is why the communist party is so popular.

Comment

That were exactly my thoughts too.

Comment

i wouldn't say it was a 'buyers market' in ak apartments either

the level of unsold stock is not high enough and the prices asked not low enough

flashier owner-occupier favoured buildings like; metropolis, statesman + connaught, have remained pretty solid, generally about $13,000m2 for renovated rooms

Find your dream home in New Zealand with Trade Me. Browse our full range of NZ real estate listings to discover the perfect property for families, couples and s...

Find your dream home in New Zealand with Trade Me. Browse our full range of NZ real estate listings to discover the perfect property for families, couples and s...

^ was wanting $589,000 in Jul2018, now $555,000

cheaper rental boxes like zest, aura + volt have dropped in some cases, often under $10,000/m2 depending on aspect + condition

a few buildings opened last year, queens residences, queens square, park residences, connect

and a few more will in the years to come

but at around $15,000/m2 they are not especially good investments with poor returns, who wants to pay $500pw for a single room

and low capital growth prospects due to the inability of most kiwis to service the mortgage on what the council consider the lowest spec they'll allow

so the market is partially stalled

Last edited by eri; 03-02-2019, 03:57 PM.
              have you defeated them?
              your demons

Comment

it must be pointed out though

that aarron tunstal of impression is in possession of far better data and says

AUCKLAND APARTMENT VALUES UP

The average asking price on Auckland apartments was up 9.1% between December 2017 and December 2018. This is in sharp contrast to larger five-bedroom-plus homes, which dipped 7% in the same period. Overall, the Auckland market was rock steady at a 0.1% gain in asking prices.
                have you defeated them?
                your demons

Comment

Are asking prices the same as selling prices?
                  Do selling prices match up with the asking prices of a few months earlier?

Comment

not sure anyone has that data in any quantity

my own small slice

seems the same as usual

ie about -5% selling from asking
                    have you defeated them?
                    your demons

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
                      Are asking prices the same as selling prices?
                      Do selling prices match up with the asking prices of a few months earlier?
                      For my sins I am on a couple of real estate agents mailing lists. One of them includes a table, maybe 30 items, showing asking and selling prices for each item. So maybe ask your friendly REA.

On a macro level and by broad location, Trademe reports asking prices in their monthly analysis, and REINZ reports actual median sale prices. Not apples and apples but a useful comparison.Could for example compare asking price for September with actual for December.

Trademe report for December-

property.trademe.co.nz/market-insights/property-price-index/provinces-end-2018-with-a-bang/

REINZ median prices up to December.

This chart tracks the monthly median house price. The data is sourced from the REINZ, and is disclosed regionally.

Comment

Working...
                      X