Legislation to ban letting fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keys View Post
    Did the management contract include a clause allowing a change in fees? Mine does. I would be surprised if any contract did not.
    Retrospective?
    Send the bill after the service without notifying that the terms had changed?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      Retrospective?
      Nope. Mine has an 8 week leed in time for changes and a 4 week termination time. Gives my clients 4 weeks to think about it.

www.3888444.co.nz
      Facebook Page

Comment

And so it came to pass. As predicted, some PMs are now charging a fee to change a tenancy. As permitted by the RTA. In the article linked below the tenant requested transfer of the tenancy to a relative. After a complaint the transfer fee $250 was waived but the relative could apply for the vacancy along with any other applicants.

The article didn't say whether the relative did take up the tenancy. But if she applies and doesn't get it, might have been better to pay the fee.

Comment

Hilarious! Stupid law and great creativity to get around it.
          The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

More people wanting something for nothing. The case for banning letting fees was that the LL engaged the PM to find a tenant therefore the LL should pay.

But it when a tenant engages the PM to do something (I.e. modify the TA and all associate checks) the think someone else should pay.

this world is becoming one of someone else’s fault and someone else’s bill

Comment

The front page headline on the Herald article has been changed and now reads -

'New warning for renters: $250 fee to change name on tenancy'

LOL, must be a new reporter fresh out of school. Looking at you, junior reporter Ben Leahy.

Comment

$250 is way too cheap.

www.3888444.co.nz
                Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                X