• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Police Involvement in Trashed Tenancies

According to Tenancies Wars, (badly) damaging a tenancy property breaches the Crimes Act. But - supposedly - when asked to investigate, police bow out swiftly, murmuring that such damage is an RTA matter. Is it?

Has anyone tried involving the Police in any wilful damage of a residential tenancy?

If not - why not? Or, if so, how'd it go?

Have a look at the Media Release from Mike Butler, here on the PT Forums.

And - while I'm at it - has anyone reported a serious breach of the RTA by tenants, to the Tenancy Services Compliance & Investigations team? If so, how did that work out?
    Try Radenbrea Studios for hand-made designer jewellery. Especially if you're looking for a great gift for your lady love.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Sent this in last week Perry.

1. How many applications were made by MBIE to the Tenancy Tribunal where a landlord was the respondent?
    2. How many applications were made by MBIE to the Tenancy Tribunal where a tenant was the respondent?
    3. How many bonds were held by Tenancy Services?

Default PI? You May Wake Up in Hell, Tomorrow!

Still waiting for my second (OIA-type) information request to TS.

When I get the reply, I'm not expecting anything other than:

The Tenancy Services Compliance & Investigations Team is not about investigating RTA breaches, unless such breaches are by PIs or PMs. The Tenancy Services Compliance & Investigations Team is certainly not about chasing RTA-breaching tenants. (Because the former option is more politically defensible than the latter.)

They won't say that - of course. But that will be the deductible inference of the 'official' statitistics.

It's high time that PIs stood up for themselves and became more militant.

It's also well past time that pertinent questions were asked in parliament.

How many MPs are also PIs? (Stuart Nash is one I know of. He told me he has one rental.)

PIs need to pin down property-investing-type parliamentary representatives and put some hard questions to them. And - where possible - publicise the replies.

And where the hell is the Winston First crowd in all this?
    Try Radenbrea Studios for hand-made designer jewellery. Especially if you're looking for a great gift for your lady love.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Interestingly Perry.

My friend put an OIA in which was identical to mine about 10 days ago. He has his reply, I'm still waiting.

Where is the backlash against the insanity from National?
    Oh wait - they're Labour Lite.
    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    It's high time that PIs stood up for themselves and became more militant.
    The nurses and teachers strikes get lots of media attention. It's easy to ignore the odd LL selling up here and there but if we all issued 90 day notices at once...

Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    Where is the backlash against the insanity from National?
    Which particular bit of insanity did you have in mind?
    Last edited by Perry; 05-10-2018 at 09:29 AM.

They could start with the anti-smacking law...
    Another missed opportunity for the blue commies.
    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

One of the most mendacious aspect of the W'gton woodenheads is how they rail against so many things in opposition and rescind so few of those laws, when in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Learning View Post
    It's easy to ignore the odd LL selling up here and there but if we all issued 90 day notices at once...
    What are the pros and cons of such an idea?

Or - for example -

All LLs lodging a rent increase notice, pursuant to section 24. (Except for anyone who has increased the rent in the last 180 days)

All LLs giving notice to tenant of intention to sell section 47 (That would inconvenience many REAs, unfortunately.)

Get your thinking caps on.

Thread Information