How many landlords own multiple properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BDub View Post
    Yep, I’ve come to the forums to spy on people who try to overrun our operations. I notice our satellites cannot get to your brain since your tin foil hat reflects off. It’s okay, we will wait until you take it off.

We have gathered your info and we are passing it onto branz, we are going to stop the new builds having insulation and we are after your thoughts on double glazing, if that does not help with warmer healthier homes will will also remove that from the building code. Please let us know on anything else that isn’t worth while.

Not too fussed about the spell check, sitting here on a smart phone that I can barely see and fingers that take up 4 letters.
    any idea why there is no requirement for a landlord to provide curtains in a rental? I once heard something about glass being easy for heat to escape a house.

Seems like a good idea to me to insulate everywhere but not need to do anything about heat loss through the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsvee
      Not if the tenant doesn't open the curtains during the day. See it in a HNZ house near me and net curtains are mostly black now.
      True - exceptions to prove the rule.
      Someone doesn't open curtains so noone gets the benefit of the sun?
      There is a downside to everything if you look hard enough - just not the sad world I live in.

Comment

Originally posted by BDub View Post
        I think the supply of the main heating source should be it, i.e heat pump in living room. The option of LL’s supplying portable heating devices seems too far. Could end up supplying one set of slippers if your property has hardwood floors if it carry’s on
        I've noticed the quality of your thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick G on 4 October, 2018. View Post
          Put it on your crisis list, rentals in the regions. Wait, we already have a shortage. Extra crisis then. That's a prediction, feel free to point it out to me in 2 years time ;-)

Originally posted by Perry View Post
          Sorry, no. All predictions have to face a 12-months-later test, first.
          So here we are, nearly 12 months later. Sneak review, anyone?

Comment

Haven't rents in the regions skyrocketed in the last year?
            Who would have thought that would happen?

Comment

And they've gone up because of what?

Not a shortage of residential rental supply?

No! Surely not!

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                And they've gone up because of what?

Not a shortage of residential rental supply?

No! Surely not!
                Supply is one element - the other is the additional costs being added to providing a rental.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick G View Post
                  Put it on your crisis list, rentals in the regions. Wait, we already have a shortage. Extra crisis then. That's a prediction, feel free to point it out to me in 2 years time ;-)
                  Duly done. (A couple of days' early)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
                    Haven't rents in the regions skyrocketed in the last year?
                    Who would have thought that would happen?
                    Raise taxes for tenants to pay. Continually bash M&D property owners. Force through insane tenancy laws. Illegal lockdowns and rent freezes...
                    Well - anyone with half a brain cell can see it coming.
                    Perhaps all that wind in Wellington has blown the few brain cells to be found down there into Cook Strait?
                    No doubt there will need to be more working groups to have more meeting to decide on important things to meet about.
                    So glad we pay so much tax for all of this "servicing".
                    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tenancy Services
                      We encourage tenants and LLs to continue to talk to each other, be considerate, and work together wherever possible to reach an agreement.
                      ... (Just as the government did with private residential LLs over the RTA changes.)
                      ............................................... .........
                      Last edited by Perry; 12-02-2021, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X