No announcement yet.

Whats required for a 'Final Residential Inspection'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

means of escape still applies and any way why would you not want SD?

Comment

Originally posted by John the builder View Post
      means of escape still applies and any way why would you not want SD?
      I agree about the requirement for a smoke alarm, but wonder why it is the responsibility of the repiler, who does not have anything to do with the existing interior of the house, to ensure that a house that still has to undergo further renovation, has smoke alarms installed? Why is it the responsibility of this practitioner when owners may be project managing or another builder may be working on renovations?
      You have 4 inspections for a repile (one too many) and checking smoke alarms is in the 4th.

Comment

The repiler doesn take out consent the owner does. If the repiler acts for owner the obligation remains
        Last edited by John the builder; 22-09-2018, 01:03 PM.

Comment

The repiler doesn take out consent the owner does. If the repiler acts for owner the obligation remains
          That does not answer the question as to why the contractor has to ensure working smoke alarms are installed inside the house during a final inspection on the foundation repair.
          Bearing in mind that there is often still consented work to be done inside by a builder following on from the repiling. Requirement still stands.
          You have failed to convince me that the 2 are related.

Comment

I don’t have to Convince you? The problem is that govt used building act to
            get SD into existingo houses without regard to compliance costs when each consent was completed.

Comment

I don’t have to Convince you? The problem is that govt used building act to
              get SD into existingo houses without regard to compliance costs when each consent was completed.
              So are you saying that the smoke alarms are inspected again once the builder gets sign off for his work? If that's the case then what a waste of time of money for the client. Needless inspections that are doubled up because the policy makers have no understanding of the process. And you are trying to convince me that this practice is acceptable and justified.

Comment

I an not trying to concince you at all.

means of escape has to be considered everytime a consent is issued.

Means of erscape incl SD

parliament put this in place......
                this is simply an unintended consequence of bureaucrats misusing the Building act for policy reasons

Comment

Working...
                X