No announcement yet.

Rental Property Vacancy rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a RC come through in 20 days a few months ago!

The surprise still hasn't worn off.
    Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Put another way, Wellington real estate prices are too cheap.

my prediction yesterday might happen sooner than thought.
      Last edited by Don't believe the Hype; 13-12-2018, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
        Porirua rentals down to 25. Down 33% in under a month.
        Mr Clancy said the Wellington rental market is still struggling to keep up with demand. “In November there were 4 per cent fewer rentals in Wellington than the year prior. We’re also seeing sharp dips in Lower Hutt and Porirua which are down 14 per cent and 30 per cent respectively.”

property.trademe.co.nz/market-insights/rental-price-index/wellington-rents-match-auckland-for-the-first-time/

Comment

I might apply for a job with Mr Clancy.

Comment

Still no change in number of available rentals from post 12-Dec. Holding steady at 24.

Only 3 under $400/wk.

Comment

Now a shortage of properties for buyers. 94 listed for sale in all Porirua, of those half (47) are developers house and land packages or land.

47 houses out of 20k dwellings suggests supply is pretty tight.

Comment

Rentals - listed 24 of which 1 is a room in a house, 2 are short term 6mths or less, 1 is a listing with no photos and has been up since sept. Excluding these there are 21 options, one 1br at $250/wk then next cheapest option is a 2br for $435/wk wit the cheapest 3br at $495/wk.

Comment

DBTH

please clear your inbox- trying to PM you

Moderator Edit

In the context above, "inbox" probably means your PMs (private messages), here on the PT Forums.

See (and click on) Private Messages in the PT Banner at the top of the screen.
                  Last edited by Perry; 05-01-2019, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecoat View Post
                    DBTH

please clear your inbox- trying to PM you
                    Done. Try again

Comment

Done.

Perry , is there way to auto save private messages, I wrote one yesterday but because could send it due to above , when I tried to again today I saw a glimpse of auto save then it dispeared and asked me to sign in again. its didn't revert back to where I was. lots of other sites have this ability

Comment

Aside from the (might work) Restore Auto Saved Content, I do not think there's an option to save a PT Forum's PM as a draft.

Comment

$10 pw increases per bedroom. Good while it lasts
                          Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecoat View Post
                            DBTH

please clear your inbox- trying to PM you.

I sent you a detailed response - did you get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick G View Post
                              Queue the wellington rental shortage articles in 5...4...
                              So it begins.

"Student desperation for rental properties hitting new highs in Wellington....But experts have warned it will only get worse....Trade Me head of rentals Aaron Clancy said the demand was only going to increase.

"We'll definitely see it heating right up through January and February, that's been the sign over the past two or three years, 2018 was pretty difficult for tenants finding a property and we're not seeing that ease up at all.

"The early signs are that there's already queues out the door for rentals," he said. Mr Clancy said last January rents were at an all-time high in Wellington, but he expected them to be even higher this year.

A group of university students are trying a new approach in a bid to find a rental home, while others are struggling to even pay rent.

Comment

Feckless Phil

We just need to remember that Dhil Twitford said he 'assumed' that was not going to happen.

And that 'officials' and MBIE were wrong - mostly.

Comment

Working...
                                X