• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Meanwhile in Hamilton, rents are rising and rentals are in short supply. Colour me surprised.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/1151...arket-tightens

Quote Originally Posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post

On a separate note looking at properties for sale there seems to be a HUGE shortage of properties in Porirua - historically they've sat around 200 on the market at any one time - last few weeks they were sitting around 130 and today I noticed they're down to 102 properties for sale. Filtering out the sections/house and land packages there is only about 70 houses ready for occupation that are on the market in Porirua.

With this low level of listings and new CV's Sept 19 (released to market Dec19) will we see continued solid capital appreciation?

24-Aug 102 for sale today 92 for sale... stock dropping by 10 a week - at this rate there will be no properties for sale in Porirua by Xmas

On a separate note looking at properties for sale there seems to be a HUGE shortage of properties in Porirua - historically they've sat around 200 on the market at any one time - last few weeks they were sitting around 130 and today I noticed they're down to 102 properties for sale. Filtering out the sections/house and land packages there is only about 70 houses ready for occupation that are on the market in Porirua.

With this low level of listings and new CV's Sept 19 (released to market Dec19) will we see continued solid capital appreciation?
    Why do you think this is a shortage? Isn't it just as likely a reflection of the lack of demand?

Quote Originally Posted by elguapo View Post
    Why do you think this is a shortage? Isn't it just as likely a reflection of the lack of demand?

I'm interested in how you come to the conclusion of a lack of demand. Can you walk me through?

Current rentals down to 33 total available.

Only 20 under $600/wk of which only 11 are 3br+

Trademe latest - Wellington vacancy listings down 11% on same month last year.

property.trademe.co.nz/market-insights/rental-price-index/tenants-in-wellington-paying-60-more-per-week-in-rent/

I notice that the Mayor talked about rents in Porirua skyrocketing in the 'meet the candidates' session ... he also said it was something they had to tackle...
    ;'
    I wonder if they would be willing to reduce rates to landlords in order to keep prices down OR remove development contributions as the Hutt City Council has to encourge development?

In the past 3 years (i.e. on the current Mayors watch) the development contributions in Porirua have doubled... but don't mention that when discussing why rents are increasing the way they are.

I notice that the Mayor talked about rents in Porirua skyrocketing in the 'meet the candidates' session ... he also said it was something they had to tackle...
    Just the usual empty rhetoric - saying something people want to hear. Especially at political meetings.

For, when all is done and said
    There's always more said than done
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

I wonder if they would be willing to reduce rates to landlords in order to keep prices down
    No, because most LL's would just pocket the savings and carry on allowing demand set the rents as they are currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Learning View Post
    No, because most LL's would just pocket the savings and carry on allowing demand set the rents as they are currently.
    Perhaps a 12 month bonding arrangement?

But really, what are councils doing becoming involved in social engineering?

I think it would be better if they stayed away from such political capers.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Thread Information