No announcement yet.

Property has no code of compliance and needs re-cladding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi BDub, no it isn’t. It’s still for sale, although it’s not openly listed at the minute. I’m not sure why!

Comment

Which suburb? You think the owner would mind me looking? I’m after a project. No problem if not

Comment

Hi Freshie, Be glad you didn't get that house without CCC. I bought a property 3yrs ago without CCC on the main dwelling. I spent around $1000 and two weeks researching it before purchase and after these intense pre-purchase checks it looked like it needed $30k to get CCC. Post purchase, it took me 2yrs and $40k just to get building consent for the work required for CCC. The required work on top of that is estimated to be $150-$180k. And that's just the estimate, it hasn't be opened up and started yet so this could easily be more. It's been really stressful and financially turned into a nightmare. I'm currently renting both dwellings on the property and living in a caravan just to save money for the work required. You did the right thing. As someone who did buy without CCC and is still being burnt by it, I wouldn't advise it to others. Cheers.

Comment

b
          you didnt have to get the CCC. why not sit on it and rent it?

Comment

Working...
          X