Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building Consent and Resource Consent...in what order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building Consent and Resource Consent...in what order?

Hi
    I am looking at doing a knock down and rebuild of my IP just outside Christchurch.
    Because it is close to the Waimak Stopbank I will need to get Resource Consent.
    But I will also need to get the standard Building Consent.
    But which order do you apply?
    I am thinking Resource then Building?
    Anyone know for sure?
    Thanks
    Richard

Talk to the appropriate council. Maybe the duty planner?.

Cheers

Charlotte30

Comment

A normal building process would be Resource then Building consent. An architect will know if there are any specific issues you need to deal with.

Comment

or both at the same time if you are sure of getting the RC

if BC come first it will simply have a s37 attached that stops all or part of the work untl the RC is issued.

If time is not an issue get the RC but Remember they only last a certain time (unless extended) 2 years to give affect to the approval?

Comment

Hi
          Thanks for the info.
          One more question.
          If the Consent fee is $1500 that is not the final cost is it?
          They will lump other things on such as cost for certain staff to review things...true?
          If that is true how are you suppose to budget the consent cost when you don't know what they might be?
          Thanks
          Richard

Comment

Auckland city council have a guide on their fees on their website, not sure if CHCH council has one?
            This is a rough guide only though...Our current commercial education project ended up around the 7k mark. ($1.7m value)

Comment

Get a PIM first and it should shake most issues out of the woodwork then you can decide if it is worth proceeding with your project or not

Comment

Originally posted by richard56 View Post
                Hi
                Thanks for the info.
                One more question.
                If the Consent fee is $1500 that is not the final cost is it?
                They will lump other things on such as cost for certain staff to review things...true?
                If that is true how are you suppose to budget the consent cost when you don't know what they might be?
                Thanks
                Richard
                Yep, totally.

Short answer: You can't.

And you won't know all of the requirements from the council until you have CCC.
                Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
                X