Resource consent vs heritage trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resource consent vs heritage trees

Has anyone had to get resource consent to put a fence under the drip line of a heritage tree? Interested to know what conditions they put on the consent?

They may likely need an arborist to observe the position of holes to avoid root damage and minimise harm to tree

Comment

Council might require an Arborist report to go with your RC

Comment

is it a sensitive tree (or as Davo would say perhaps "just do it") Is a fence actually building work?

Are we talking post and rail fence. If so hand dig the holes and position amongst roots with due care?

Comment

Originally posted by John the builder View Post
          is it a sensitive tree (or as Davo would say perhaps "just do it") Is a fence actually building work?

Are we talking post and rail fence. If so hand dig the holes and position amongst roots with due care?
          What? I never say just do it when it comes to trees.

I'd say, leave the bloody thing alone, build your fence well back from it. The tree is more important than a fence.
          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

cut the tree down....there is no tree

Comment

sorry Davo I was thinking of JimO

Actually the question wasnt removal of the tree it was the building of a fence. If care is taken to place posts around main roots and minimize damage them what was the problem so avoid the hasssle?

Comment

Working...
              X