non-occupying tenancy agreement and flatmates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John the builder View Post
    but that rogue tenant could still do the same thing to the current head tenant?
    No because under the shared accommodation agreement they would sign, it specifically excludes from TA and recognizes the head tenant/flatmate relationship
    Last edited by mrsaneperson; 14-09-2018, 11:09 PM.

Comment

To me, a tenant is a person listed on the Tenancy Agreement.
      Anyone else who is living in the house is then either family, flatmate or friend.
      Thus you are either a tenant or not a tenant. I don't see how anyone can be a 'head tenant'.
      All these other occupants you are disciussing are not actually tenants under this definition.

Comment

the term head tenant appears of the TS flatmates agreement form. Tenant is defined in RTA as you say.

The problem is that councils and TS are going around accusing flatmates of being boarders which bring them under the RTA and councils can impose building act provisions for a boardinghouse.

A non occupying tenancy (with flatmates agreements) gets around the problem under s5 (s). I was trying to find iut if there was anything that countered this arrangement,

Comment

Working...
        X