Commercial rent estimation in Wellington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial rent estimation in Wellington

Is there a way to find out how much commercial rent is 'roughly' charged (m2) for different premise use without engaging a valuer? Most commercial sites for lease in trademe just says price by negotiation making it impossible for me to know what people would typically pay for a place, based on m2. Also, I can't find any online database that hold current lease information on existing properties to derive such info. (I wonder how valuers get lease info then...). I am looking at properties in the wellington area.

I am ok with engaging a valuer but would prefer doing at least a sanity check myself before coughing up real cash for a valuer (which can cost like 3k per report) to determine if a commercial property has been rented out according to market value.

local commercial real estate agents normally know the lease details of several comparable leases - I've used them in the past to get estimates especially as the cost per m2 is reasonably standard by type and quality of property. They can also indicate whether you can charge additionally for the car parks and likely amounts.

Comment

Originally posted by artdeco View Post
      Is there a way to find out how much commercial rent is 'roughly' charged (m2) for different premise use without engaging a valuer? Most commercial sites for lease in trademe just says price by negotiation making it impossible for me to know what people would typically pay for a place, based on m2. Also, I can't find any online database that hold current lease information on existing properties to derive such info. (I wonder how valuers get lease info then...). I am looking at properties in the wellington area.

I am ok with engaging a valuer but would prefer doing at least a sanity check myself before coughing up real cash for a valuer (which can cost like 3k per report) to determine if a commercial property has been rented out according to market value.
      What are you looking at ?

Comment

looking at 11 gear street in Petone, which is a industrial type warehouse that is currently used for car services.

Comment

About $125m2 gross plus $30pw per carpark .

Comment

Originally posted by Beano View Post
            Thanks. How do you know this? From experience?

Comment

You can trust Beano's inputs on this subject. You will struggle to find anyone on here or anywhere else with more experience in this space.

Comment

Hi Beano, do you work in gross figures in Wellington?
                Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                  Hi Beano, do you work in gross figures in Wellington?
                  Old buildings gross
                  New buildings net
                  In wellington mostly gross in industrial and commercial

Comment

Just looked at the property on google and compared to a comparable property i have .
                    I compared it to my Petone properties
                    But the best approach is to employ a registered valuer (cost about $1k) or talk to a commercial real estate agent who deals in the Hutt Valley (they are all pretty good and will not charge)

Comment

Just looked at the property on google and compared to a comparable property i have .
                      I compared it to my Petone properties
                      But the best approach is to employ a registered valuer (cost about $1k) or talk to a commercial real estate agent who deals in the Hutt Valley (they are all pretty good and will not charge)
                      Any valuer you can recommend? I used Colliers before to value something in the CBD and it cost me $3k. Anything cheaper would be great

Comment

Any valuer you can recommend? I used Colliers before to value something in the CBD and it cost me $3k. Anything cheaper would be great
                        Try Valuation Consultants
                        For rental valuations

Comment

Working...
                        X