• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook

View Poll Results: Are You Going to Make Submission?

Voters
17. This poll is closed
  • You are joking, right? I wouldn't waste my time.

4 23.53%
  • A very brief one

7 41.18%
  • Long, lengthy & detailed

4 23.53%
  • Yes, and if an option, I'll be asking to be heard in person.

2 11.76%
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Artemis - thanks for your ongoing efforts to inform the forum on this. It is even more helpful to me while I'm out of NZ.

Default The Moronic Myth Continues

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Hon Dhil Twitford: Well, the healthy homes standards will set minimum standards for insulation, heating, ventilation, moisture, and draft control so that rental homes are warm and dry.
    The 'standards' do not - of course - specify the when, how and requirement for utilisation of said heating by tenants.
    With all the Draconian new laws for residential rental LLs, perhaps AirBnB would be better? To avoid any hassle in Hawke's Bay, consult Be My Hostess. Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Default BBC - No-fault evictions to be banned in England

Quite a long article at the below link, with input from tenants and landlords. Looks like a done deal, and that will encourage our government to follow..

"Under the government's new plans, landlords would have to provide a "concrete, evidenced reason already specified in law" in order to bring tenancies to an end."

www.bbc.com/news/uk-47927706

A lot of confused and confusing statements in that item. Quire a few events are already covered by NZ tenancy law. E.g.
    Alicia Powell was evicted after complaining about a leak.
    In NZ, any such eviction notice would be quashed by the TT Kangaroo Kourt.

I see that "no fault" is used to describe certain end-of-tenancy processes, rather than the asinine "no reason" language used by Dhil Twitford et al.

All the usual claptrap emotive language is employed, too. E.g.
    no-fault eviction that they may be thrown out.
    Too hard to say that tenants received the required notice to end their tenancy.

Same media BS dross there, as here.
    With all the Draconian new laws for residential rental LLs, perhaps AirBnB would be better? To avoid any hassle in Hawke's Bay, consult Be My Hostess. Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Public housing waitlist cracks 10,000, with more families waiting for longer for housing
    19 Feb 2019

Finally! Someone has not just noticed, but mentioned what's been painstakingly obvious, for so long.

As for LLs selling up - according to Dhil, that was just scaremongering.*

Hang on! Twitford said that the advice was "only a scenario" and he "wasn't assuming that is going to happen."

* "National saying that landlords are selling up is simply scaremongering," he told NZME. "Corelogic data shows that landlords purchased 38 percent of properties in October, which is consistent with the last two years - there has been no change in landlord activity."

Dhil thinks buying and selling are the same thing.
    'High rents not just a city problem any more'
    27 May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuff
    New Zealand's median weekly rent reached $500 for the first time in April after a 5.3 per cent annual increase and strong growth in the provinces, according to the latest Trade Me Rental Price Index.
    Worry not, all ye tenants. Dhil Twitford said it was just a scenario that he did not [want to] assume was going to happen.

None so blind as those who cannot see.

Ms Collins asked a whole bunch of written questions on the reform of the RTA to add more tenant rights.

Replies due by 24 July. I will report back!

Report eagerly awaited.

But political rhetoric being what it is, [10,000-affordable-houses-a-year, anyone?] perhaps not too much weight should be given to it?

Thread Information