X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I add a Signature to my Posts?

How do I add a Signature to my Posts?

Good question!

First of all what is a Signature when talking within a forum environment?

Most forums these days allow you to add a little message at the bottom of each of your posts. The message normally is used to provide the reader with window into the posters personality. Some members have favourite quotes and some have their business name and web site.

Below is Donna and my signatures...

Donnas Signature:

Marcs Signature:

Now to add a signature to your posts you need to access your profile. PropertyTalk.com forums provide a profile section for each registered forum member.

To access your profile follow the steps below

1) The first thing is to check that you are currently logged into PropertyTalk.com forums. To check look above where you are reading now and you will see a box that has a number of things in it including a navigation link to tell you where you are currently within the forums. To the right of that you will see a little box.

Now if you are logged in you will see this

If you are not logged in your will see this

If you find that you are not logged in please enter your user name and password into the boxes provided and click on the “Log In” button located within the box.

Its a good thing to leave the “Remember Me?” check box. This allows the forum to automatically log you in every time you come back to our forums. If you unclick the “Remember Me?” check box then you will have to log in every time you visit the forums.

2) When you have clicked on the “Log In” button the forum will log you into the forum and the box will now look like this…

2) If you look above this text you will see a box that contains a number of items including a navigation structure that tells you where you are in the forum. Below that you will see a blue coloured line with the following links in it

User CP
    FAQ
    Members List
    Calendar
    Today’s Post
    Search

Click on the User CP link. User CP means User Control Panel. Yes nerdy I know!

3) Once you have clicked on the User CP you will be taken to your registration details section which we call your profile section.

4) Okay now you need to click the Edit Signature link located on the left hand Control Panel column.

5) You will be taken to the web page that allows you to edit your signature. The cool thing here is that you can add colours, links etc.. to your signature! You can also preview your signature before saving it for real by clicking on the "Preview Signature" button located underneath the editor panel.

6) The important thing to remember is to respect the other community members by keeping your signature small and not too flashy. Some community members have very small screens and a large signature can take up quite a bit of space on their screen.

Below are our community rules on signatures:

A) A maximum of 3 lines are allowed for a signature (see my signature above).

B) No large font sizes (Size 2) is the required standard

C) A maximum of 200 characters is allowed - this stops people writing 2 or 3 paragraph sized messages on 3 lines.

D) No images please (including emoticons)

E) To test that your signature follows the community rules please review your signature against either mine (Marc) or Donna's.

Cheers

Marc

P.s - don't forget to save your new signature or changes you have made to an existing signature!
    Last edited by donna; 11-04-2007, 10:12 PM.
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Marc,
    There is no "Edit signature" on the control panel at this time.
    Cheers Rangi j
    Rangi j
    "Never close your mind to learning"

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Hawkes (Rangi j) View Post
      Marc,
      There is no "Edit signature" on the control panel at this time.
      Cheers Rangi j
      Read the above info again carefully and then follow.

Go to User CP in the upper left side and go from there. Easy

Comment

And One More thing

You also have to go to "edit options" if you want all the bells and whistles for font, colour, smilies etc and save them.

As an experiment I have added some words below my signature.

Any sensible comments about the wording would be appreciated.
        OllyN.
        Last edited by OllyN; 20-10-2007, 10:54 AM.
        OllyN [email protected]
        Independent Property Consultant
        Residential and Commercial Solutions

Comment

At the top of my control Panel I have edit email and password.NO edit signature ! !

Cheers Rangi j
          Rangi j

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Hawkes (Rangi j) View Post
            At the top of my control Panel I have edit email and password.NO edit signature ! !

Cheers Rangi j
            Maybe it only 'kicks in' then after you have made a certain number of posts?

Any of the Mods care to offer an opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by OllyN View Post
              You also have to go to "edit options" if you want all the bells and whistles for font, colour, smilies etc and save them.

As an experiment I have added some words below my signature.

Any sensible comments about the wording would be appreciated.
              OllyN.
              The wording's fine I guess, but would you not want a link to some form of your contact details relevant to the information?

Comment

New users are put in to a group that does not allow signatures until they have posted 10 times and 7 days have elapsed.

This is an anti-spam measure.

cube
                DFTBA

Comment

Thanks Glen and Cube,
                  I havn't made many posts and have not been on line a lot as yet. However I am finding Forum a very iteresting format for learning and passing on info.
                  I am a craftsman Plumber by trade but have not worked on the tools for the last 10 yrsmore or less and am now looking at getting into Property invesment.

Cheers Rangi j
                  Rangi j

Comment

Sorry Olly thanks for your input as well.

Rangi j
                    Rangi j

Comment

Originally posted by Glen View Post
                      The wording's fine I guess, but would you not want a link to some form of your contact details relevant to the information?
                      OllyN agree with Glenn it would be better to have the words link to your website or to one of your courses.

You could also change the signature to say 'Get a Property Mentor' or Learn about the pitfalls of property investment' or something catchy

Comment

My picture doesnt show up, I have uploaded it but can not see it when I post.
                        Hamish Patel | ph: 09 625 4693 | mob: 021 625 693
                        My Website
                        Be informed - register for our free monthly newsletter

Comment

It shows up to us....

Comment

Avatar is the picture which is linked to your messages

Originally posted by ream View Post
                            It shows up to us....
                            Just realized that the avatar is what I was looking for.
                            Hamish Patel | ph: 09 625 4693 | mob: 021 625 693
                            My Website
                            Be informed - register for our free monthly newsletter

Comment

Okay plenty of info here and all my questions answered.thanks folks

Comment

Working...
                              X