Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of adding kitchen/bathroom to Rumpus

Hi All

We have a big rumpus room downstairs. alongwith it, we also have laundry room adjacent to it (separate though). We are thinking to converting the laundry to Bathroom as it already have hot water connection and adding kitchen to the rumpus room to make it studio apartment (kind of). we don't have water supply in the room though. if we want to keep it simple, how much we are looking at?

[.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................]probably more than this

Comment

Originally posted by jimO View Post
      [.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................]probably more than this
      I meant, how much expenditure we are looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by yaigesh View Post
        I meant, how much expenditure we are looking at?
        see all those dots, replace them all with dollar signs

Comment

I think it would cost $96,372.
          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

When the government conducted the Loopy Rules review couple of years back, I made a submission and sat in on the other submissions.

One very nice older woman had a large house she was rattling around in. Thought it a good idea to make it into 2 flats so needed to add a kitchen. At that point she had spent more than $12k and still had not managed to get a consent. I think she gave up.

Yaigesh, check out what 'kitchen' means in your area. In probably means a proper stove with 3 phase power and that makes it a separate dwelling with more costly and complex consents.. If there is not a stove it can be a workshop or artist studio. Of course once signed off the microwave and benchtop plugin oven and hob can appear.

Comment

Working...
            X