Just a video of the remains of a tenancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a video of the remains of a tenancy

An inspection following possession granted to us by the Tenancy Tribunal. We were contracted by the landlord/owner to manage this tenant out of the property as they were suspected of using Meth. Subsequent tests have proven the suspicion was well founded. It took us over 19 hours of work in emails, TT applications, notifications, discussions etc to achieve the result of possession back to the owner. Now the business of clean up starts.

www.3888444.co.nz
    Facebook Page

Good luck with that one. What a mess, I feel very sorry for the owners as well as whoever has to clean it up.

I wonder if you submit the video to www.stuff.co.nz whether they would run a story showing what us landlords/managers have to put up with sometimes.

Comment

Simon,

thanks. Video sent to stuff.

www.3888444.co.nz
      Facebook Page

Comment

with the gas bottles outside does it have gas hot water? the HWC may have gone earlier as not needed

Comment

Seems to be a common thing.

Yeah get it publicised.
          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

when these go to TT do you present to adjudicator via YouTube. If so are there any fishhooks?

Comment

Send the video to Renters United too. See if they support this sort of behavior.

Comment

They wont 'support' it, but, it wont be the tenants fault, though.

Comment

reason i asked is ive seen first hand several failed TT hearings of LLs presenting video evidence usually due to IT faults and host of format issues. A YouTube link might appear a more reliable and simple effort for all parties?

Comment

My understanding is that the TT will only accept evidence that can be put on paper and then filed away.

Comment

From a vaguely recalled precedent, if evidence is provided on CD or USB drive, it must be accepted, so long as it can be adduced in a way that the other side can 'see' it and it can be held as an 'exhibit.'

See here.
                      1 Introduction
                      1.1 This protocol is a guideline to be used by counsel and the Courts. It is intended to encourage and facilitate the use of electronic documents for civil cases in the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
                      If it's accepted practice in senior courts, one could reasonably expect the TT Kangaroo Kourts to follow. However, given general attitudes of the Klutzes in control and its tendency to 'lawlessness,' I suspect that even the pro-Tenants Tribunal may feel superior to - and snub - senior courts and gummint policy in regard to electronic evidence.

Comment

Be in a position to have 3 copies of the video available. One for the court, one for the other side and yours.

Maybe even take a laptop so it can be shown if they fail to have equipment ready.

Comment

Working...
                        X