Consent to Entry document - Bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perry View Post
    How would you do that and remain in lawful compliance with the RTA?
    RTA does not apply to commercial leases. So rather easily.

It is, however, against the Property Laws Act 2007. Before that it was legit.

I did state it was of dubious legality and the best one can do is delay their access by removing their access to the property and their goods. Note I said keep and not seize. Seizing their goods is not an option. You can make it difficult for them as they would need to get solicitors involved with $ associated to get the goods back quickly. That provides leverage. If a bank is involved expect the solicitors letter immediately. As far as I am aware one can only sell tenant's goods if they're abandoned and they don't remove them when requested though I'm not 100% sure of that.

I am assuming that the tenant has behaved rather badly here and one feels comfortable playing a little dirty in response. An unusual situation.

Comment

so it the tenant gets into trouble isnt he going to be behind in the rent as well?

If so, taking possession of equipment before the banks do might be your only recourse?? sounds like you were effectively becoming a second tier creditor and giving bank 1st dibs?

sorry just read "scousers" post and he explains it well. Dont sign?
      Last edited by John the builder; 28-07-2018, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Hi Keith, apologies for the delay. They were no relation to us (not our bank), but they did speak to me personally as I asked them to call and explain what they were asking for. They got very pushy on the phone. They basically just wanted their paper signed to tick boxes. Basically we said not signing it figure out some other way with the tenant.

Comment

Working...
        X