Corporate Babble & Jargon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perry View Post
    Are you saying categorically that this statement is false?
    No I'm not but it is headline stuff.
    It makes it sound bad.
    People had the option of signing a new contract that was esentially the same or better. If they didn't want to sign then they were given the opportunity to take redundancy.
    So the article is factually correct but it is how it is couched that makes it look bad.

A bit like the skew of articles about landlords that people get all bent up about.

Comment

Right. A germ of truth in a disease of sensationalism.
      People had the option of signing a new contract that was essentially the same or better. If they didn't want to sign then they were given the opportunity to take redundancy.
      Was there an option to continue on the old contract terms?

If not, then from what you say, it does seem like it was a sign here or sign off type of offer.

Comment

Right. A germ of truth in a disease of sensationalism.

Was there an option to continue on the old contract terms?

If not, then from what you say, it does seem like it was a sign here or sign off type of offer.
        No option to continue with the current contract so, yes, it was a 'take it or leave' it situation.
        As I said the reporting is accurate, as is most of the property reporting we don't like.
        It isn't what you say, it is how you say it.

Of the 100+ people in my immediate vicinity noone is unhappy about the situation.
        I don't doubt that some are unhappy - will always happen.
        Regarding 'agile' - most people are of a 'let's see how it works out' view.

Comment

I get told that because I have not taken up the fibre option, I have to pay more for my Internet connection.

Doh! There is no fibre in our street, so the option is not available.

Shut up and pay up, anyway.

Sounds about right for Ember. (No spark left - just corporate avarice)

Comment

I get told that because I have not taken up the fibre option, I have to pay more for my Internet connection.

Doh! There is no fibre in our street, so the option is not available.

Shut up and pay up, anyway.

Sounds about right for Ember. (No spark left - just corporate avarice)
            Chorus put the copper fee up - not Spark.
            You do know that they are seperate companies don't you?
            The copper price is regulated.

Comment

We have had dealings with Spark recently at several properties, they are atrocious to deal with. So their customer focus hasn't filtered down to anybody dealing with the public yet.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                Chorus put the copper fee up - not Spark.
                You do know that they are seperate companies don't you?
                The copper price is regulated.
                I don't get any bills from Chorus.
                Yes, I know of the 'separation.'

I suspect the point has been missed.

The comms I received from Ember strongly implies that it's my failure to take up a non-existent UFB service that's prompted the fee increase. That's what I'm getting at with the "shut up and pay up" comment.

But - on a positive note - we did get our voice line fixed over the w'end, while we were away. (Another family member provided access.) Oh. Hang on. That's Chorous, not Ember. Doh!

The hard-wired filter that we had was the problem.

That recent problem was the first time I've ever experienced it:
                no dial tone but ADSL2 still worked.

Most unusual.

Comment

Working...
                X