Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Four evictions in six months - is this one of NZ's worst tenants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichaelNZ
    You are welcome to offer your opinion to try and justify why you have a long list of legal engagements.

Everyone deserves a fair hearing, so here's yours. Tell us all why you think it's something to be proud of.
    I think it would be a sign of a very good property manager.
    When a problem crops up, Keys meets it head on to get a result which meets all the legal requirements.
    Can't ask for better than that, can you?

Comment

Tell us all why you think it's something to be proud of.
      Cheapest form of legal decisions. For $20.44 I get an impartial court ordered decision which must be fair to everyone involved. And, if the tenant is at fault, the $20.44 is part of the compensation.

All TT applications are made by me, I have never had a tenant, whom I have placed, apply against me (ummmm, just thinking on that, one applied to have their fixed term cancelled).

www.3888444.co.nz
      Facebook Page

Comment

Just a FYI.

Am off to court on the 18th with a tenant who I am managing out of the property for the owner who has engaged me for this purpose. The property tested above 1.5 for Meth. We issued a 7 day notice pursuant to Section 59 (damage of property).

The NZ Standards say 1.5 is the level. With all of the discussion over 15 at the moment, what would you suggest I do Michael? Continue with the court case and insist that the NZ Standards level be kept or withdraw the case as it is politically expedient to have it at 15 (note, more HNZ houses instantly in the market to rent)?

Who should I protect? The home owner/investor who has many thousands of dollars at risk or the tenant/druggie who can move on and leave the mess behind.

www.3888444.co.nz
        Facebook Page

Comment

Everyone deserves a fair hearing, so here's yours. Tell us all why you think it's something to be proud of.
          Because that is his job!
          Think it through Michael.

Comment

I would really like to hear the outcome of your visit Keys as I am aghast at the level being raised to 15.

Comment

Quick question to Keys and any other PM's - one out of total curiosity more than anything:

In respect to any financial remuneration awarded by the TT to the landlord - in many cases this would be the Property Management company - is this payable directly to the Property Manager or to the actual owner of the property ?
              Last edited by mrsaneperson; 08-06-2018, 08:19 PM.

Comment

i like how this thread turned into a dick swinging contest

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
                  Quick question to Keys and any other PM's - one out of total curiosity more than anything:

In respect to any financial remuneration awarded by the TT to the landlord - in many cases this would be the Property Management company - is this payable directly to the Property Manager or to the actual owner of the property ?
                  As far as this is concerned. It depends upon the management authority. I would be surprised if any company claims any of the amount awarded in compensation. However, exemplary damages are a different matter.

www.3888444.co.nz
                  Facebook Page

Comment

Can't miss out on dick swinging so have to add something to be part of the thread.

15ug per 100cm2 is roughly

60,529,000,000,000,000 molecules of meth per 100cm2 on your wall

1.5ug per 100m2 is roughly

6,052,900,000,000,000 molecules of meth per 100cm2 on your wall.

A lot smaller.

Old limit was 0.5ug per 100m2 is roughly

605,290,000,000,000 molecules of meth per 100cm2 on your wall so way smaller!
                    Plan and invest wisely - You only get one life so make the most of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
                      As far as this is concerned. It depends upon the management authority. I would be surprised if any company claims any of the amount awarded in compensation. However, exemplary damages are a different matter.
                      What about tenants tampering with smoke alarms where awards were paid out in cases you posted here and brought before TT and were successful in being awarded around 2k if memory serves well?
                      Of that 2k awarded, is that something passed onto the owner of the building by the PM after court attendance times and other expenses are deducted etc?

Just curious to know how it all works as I have not had any of my properties managed but have being approached quite a few times by management companies seeking to take them onboard.

Comment

I note Keys still hasn't answered my question. Proves what I thought about people who are in court every 5 minutes. After a few times "common denominator where there is trouble" comes to mind.
                        And I'm still waiting for you to offer quotes to support your comments about me in another thread.

I like how you don't support meth but promote bong use is another thread. And how you come across anti-LL yet spend time in a property forum.

Today's challenge: say 1 nice thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
                          What about tenants tampering with smoke alarms ...............
                          Of that 2k awarded, is that something passed onto the owner of the building by the PM after court attendance times and other expenses are deducted etc?
                          To gather evidence in a way which will succeed in court is no easy matter. There is a charge for that, yes.

www.3888444.co.nz
                          Facebook Page

Comment

It wasn't a question. Seems to be a statement you have made often.

Anyway, it was answered here:

Also, have a wee read of this:

I choose to hold people to what they say, to expect and receive service which is done in a tradesman like manor. To refuse to be cowed by bluff and bluster. To stand up for my rights. As so many out there don't.
                            Then. I choose to relay my experiences with others as a way of enlightening them to the possibilities out there that can go wrong.

www.3888444.co.nz
                            Facebook Page

Comment

You keep making a big deal about your petty little "black list" and who you have on or off every 5 minutes.

What inconsistancy and closed mindedness.

If you had strength of integrity, you would answer the questions which have been put to you. But you know your attitudes are indefensible, weak and cowardly, along with your discrimination against immigrints.

Your attitudes are contrary to a carefully reasoned position which can be defended or changed, as new information and perspectives come to hand.
                              pretty sure im on there as well. keeps me awake
                              at night

Comment

Originally posted by jimO View Post
                                pretty sure im on there as well. keeps me awake
                                at night
                                It's on a par with religious, political or corporate cults. Fear or greed. It's how people who may otherwise believe they are "good people" are capable of committing harmful acts, or as Keys tried to justify it "just doing his job".

Fear - I can't engage because I'm afraid of being wrong or not having an answer.

Greed - I don't engage with anything inconvenient to what makes me money.

Based on this model, I really didn't expect a useful response to any enquiry of his business practices. But I have to give people an opportunity.
                                Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 09-06-2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X