The next big rort to be exposed: Insulation subsidy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
    Guys, do we as landlords have to state something on the tenancy agreement about the property being insulated or something?

Do we need to have it checked by an independent person?

1. Yes.
    2. No or maybe.

Details here.

Comment

Originally posted by artemis View Post
      1. Yes.
      2. No or maybe.

Details here.

https://www.tenancy.govt.nz/maintena...ncy-agreement/
      Thanks for that.
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

So I can install the insulation myself, satisfy myself that it is up to the standard for 2019, sign off the form and that's it?
        Sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
          So I can install the insulation myself, satisfy myself that it is up to the standard for 2019, sign off the form and that's it?
          Sweet.
          Simple as that.
          Others would like you to believe that it is hard so they can clip the ticket to 'help' you.
          The people who check the insulation for you have little, if any, qualification in the matter - they were taught how to measure and that's about it.

Comment

Sweet.
            Take photo's and keep receipts to prove R value of the insulation as there is a minimum which varies depending on where you are in the country

Comment

The insulation installing industry has been rorting the government over the insulation subsidy and the media and the politicians seem to be turning a blind eye.
              I have a quote involving the subsidy:
              Full price: $4636.80
              Subsidy: $2318.40 - from the taxpayer and into the insulation installers pocket
              Price to me: $2318.40

Another quote from an installer who contributes to PropertyTalk:
              No subsidy
              Price to me: $2700

Not a big difference in price to me between the two quotes.
              So the work is really about $2500 which covers materials and labour.
              The rort is the first quote where the installing company does the work and covers it's costs and makes a profit and then charges the govt $2300 on top.

If I have made some wrong assumptions then let me know.
              The media seem to be picking on landlords who haven't taken up the subsidy and imply they are being cruel to their tenants.
              Could the media have a close look at the insulation installing companies and check their figures?
              I also wouldn't be surprised if the meth testing scammers have also set up an insulation installing company to develop another income stream based on deceit.
              This has been going on for the past 6+ years. Insulation companies just pocket the subsidy as pure profit.
              Gary Lin Property Coaching
              www.Garylin.co
              https://www.facebook.com/RealGaryLin/

Comment

Just did it yourself and some a whole lot of cash!
                "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

So is there a template for one of these statements?

I have the details of insulation at my properties. Just need to put something in writing stating it I guess?
                  Squadly dinky do!

Comment

I have the details of insulation at my properties. Just need to put something in writing stating it I guess?

if you PM me i'll send you one of mine to take a look at

Comment

6 years ago the subsidy covered 100% of a couple of my installations. I guess between then and now the installations companies worked out they could charge twice for the one job.

Comment

Try this:

Comment

Wow alot of detail to complete there, wonder how accurate they are when you're dealing with an old house. Our rental complies, unfortunately the same cannot be said for our own place.....:-( work in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Meehole View Post
                            Wow alot of detail to complete there, wonder how accurate they are when you're dealing with an old house. Our rental complies, unfortunately the same cannot be said for our own place.....:-( work in progress
                            Might need to charge a letting fee for the time it takes to fill out mandatory forms when signing a new lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
                              Might need to charge a letting fee for the time it takes to fill out mandatory forms when signing a new lease.
                              Silly statement really - you'd do it once, it doesn't change.
                              But you knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                Silly statement really - you'd do it once, it doesn't change.
                                But you knew that.
                                get out of the wrong side of the bed today Wayne?

Comment

Working...
                                X