• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsvee View Post
    True, but only because someone's family didn't do a better job. We all start exactly the same (except those with disabilities at birth). All we are capable of is eating, screaming and shitting. What happens after that is a direct result of how we are raised, and that not the government's job, but the job of those who "love" us. Societies problems solved. You're welcome.
    That does play a big part. But so does which country you are born into and how well off your family is.

Keep in mind my wife is from a 3rd world country and had she not obtained a university degree, she would be another person sitting at home at their sari sari store all day to earn less than a few bucks.

But that's still not the whole story. Her family fed her, her sister and brother. In the 3rd world you know who got fed as children because it's flipping obvious.

None of this stuff is an abstract concept or theory for me. I have seen it and experienced it close to home. This is how I know what is true.

So does that not prove my point? Your wife's family gave a shit and made an effort and she is the result. Kudos.

Bet her parents weren't superhuman so why can't others do the same? Selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsvee View Post
    So does that not prove my point? Your wife's family gave a shit and made an effort and she is the result. Kudos.

Bet her parents weren't superhuman so why can't others do the same? Selfish.
    Because in New Zealand, such poverty doesn't really exist. The closest we get is still a minority. We have our own problems and that includes the much larger working class being marginalised.
    Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 27-05-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Life is what you make of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    Life is what you make of it.
    Manifest Destiny is a great philosophy when you have God and the military on your side.

Quote Originally Posted by donna View Post
    He's resourceful and his video has nearly 5m views. I heard he made the news too so I wonder if this has moved on into a business for him.

cheers,

Donna
    Yes, resourceful granted.
    But nooooo.... it is theft, and so full of himself. It's all about him and how to literally "rort" the system. While others pay honestly and fairly.
    Last edited by Perry; 04-06-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Hi Erinak,

Agreed but we're kidding ourselves if we believe life is fair. Plus it's human nature to push the boundaries and it's fundamental for innovation and ingenuity.

From sharing his experience with millions will come new ideas, so from my viewpoint, it's less about how he broke the law and more about what good will come from it.

cheers,

Donna
    PropertyTalk Blogs - property articles

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

"There are plenty of myths out there about container homes. People think they're classed as portable. They're not. People think they can convert one for $60,000 - they won't if they do it properly and with the necessary consents".

Melissa kept detailed records and calculated the final cost at $127,000.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/homed/110306517/the-real-compliant-cost-of-a-shipping-container-home-an-architects-experiment?cid=facebook.ad&fbclid=IwAR3kuHc1yUqEt5 DGSwMkOQFpRBhHCAdPScGlV0S_jM7OfNXBYSS6HBS3KAM
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Thread Information