Schedule Of Condition Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule Of Condition Survey

Hi all, it's been a while since I posted on here.

There is a development happening near my house and I have been asked to grant permission for a complete schedule of condition survey of my house.
    This will not cost me anything and will be paid for by the development company.

If I understand correctly this is insurance or due diligence for the developer (based on this). Should I be looking at insurance for myself?
    The development will be houses and/or possibly low rise apartments.

Can anyone advise me if I should be getting my own survey done or what is the best practice here from my position?
    Any idea how much one would cost?
    Any other general advice experience in this area?

The defensive in me sees this as more a case of the developer covering their ass but I might be over the top.

I don't know much about it but my inclination is to say no unless there's some advantage to you.

Comment

I think this is prudent and always take a lot of photographs of fencines, rroads and curb crossings prior to any development we do. We have not done any multi storey so neighbors building survey not require.

these photos have come in handy when neighbours have claimed we too down a fence - trying to get us to fund a new fence when the photos showed there was no fence to begin with.

take photos of your property to show the condition prior to commmeencement of work.

Comment

Thanks for the comments!
        I guess ultimately my question is how independent is the survey.
        I think, but could be wrong, it would be more independent if I was paying for it.
        On a principle, I would rather get my own but that will depend on cost. and they also do this "photographic and video record both internally and externally".

will give my insurance company a ring and think about it.

Comment

You should insist on a copy and get advice if it is unfair or unclear.

If cracks appear later and are not on the report then it is on the developer to make good?? or is this just his defense against you.

If excavating then damage is a real liklihood and very problematic as a claim will involve EQC who will devalue your property as soon as there is a claim.

Are they building retaining walls??

Comment

Working...
          X