Investment in Papakura

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investment in Papakura

I have limited budget in getting my first rental investment and spotted a 3 bedroom property on Rollerson Street. I would be able to get it under CV for under $400k. The rental seems to be able to cover the mortgage interest, rates and insurance. The aim is to hold it for medium to long term. I do not have much knowledge of the area apart from it is not the best part of Papakura. Can someone please shade me some light as to whether it is a good investment (both as a rental for short to medium term and for capital gain in medium to long term)? Thanks.

Not a great part of town, hence the price. You would be spending most of your time managing unruly tenants IMHO. You may have to pay more to get into the better parts of town but way less headaches.
    "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

How is the Settlement road, in Papakura? The property is question is at the top of the road.

Comment

Originally posted by saleemn View Post
        How is the Settlement road, in Papakura? The property is question is at the top of the road.
        Far from me to tell you where to purchase, the safest best is to do your own research, questions you should ask yourself should be,

is the property in good school zones?
        is it a good mix of home owners/rentals?
        is there good demand for rentals in that area?
        close to transport?
        does it have the right mix of yield/capital growth (you choose which one you need)

Every town has its own unique traits, I know this town, but it’s just as important for anyone that doesn’t to find out for themselves, it’s not hard, just take out a local agent for coffee and if they are honest they will tell you the good, the bad and the ugly.

make up your own mind from there, you will be better off for the learning experience.

FH

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Bird View Post
          I have limited budget in getting my first rental investment and spotted a 3 bedroom property on Rollerson Street. I would be able to get it under CV for under $400k. The rental seems to be able to cover the mortgage interest, rates and insurance. The aim is to hold it for medium to long term. I do not have much knowledge of the area apart from it is not the best part of Papakura. Can someone please shade me some light as to whether it is a good investment (both as a rental for short to medium term and for capital gain in medium to long term)? Thanks.
          Have you calculated the expected net yield?

Comment

Hi, I invest in Papakura, it's got some good things going for it: https://www.papakura.co.nz/
            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
              Hi, I invest in Papakura, it's got some good things going for it: https://www.papakura.co.nz/
              How does it compare to Manewera as an investment location (esp in relation to future long term growth and number of sub dividable properties), gentrification etc.

Comment

Is this accurate , sold for $350K !!! last year. Could have been a Mortgagee sale>

I hear not all parts of Rosehill are good.

Comment

Does anyone know if these areas are any good ?

Joanne Place, chick Chester, Park Estate , Rosehill Papakura.

Davo , freezing hot?

Comment

Not really, my properties are in the CBD bit.

What do those streets/areas feel like when you drive through them?
                    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Park estate and Rosehill are fine, anything over the railway line not so good. (Eastside)

Comment

Working...
                      X