Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kitchen renovation - any recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen renovation - any recommendations?

So far i have contacted a couple of people in regard to a simple kitchen renovation , the first one hasn't even bothered to send his quote through despite repeated requests over several months ,today i found out he was given the boot from the company he worked for for being a slacker and the second can only replace doors and drawer fronts so does not feel qualified to doing anything beyond that.

Its a very simple kitchen layout from a 1960s ex- housing corp house - 2 benches and 2 set of cupboards - i am wanting to simply replace it with similar dimensions and layout to what is there already with new Melteca finish and cabinetry.

If anyone has any recommendations particularly if you have actually used their service and found it to be a good one, please let me know.

What part of the country are you in? I can recommend a good (and cheap) kitchen cabinet maker who services the Christchurch area but other than that I am not much use.

Comment

We used cabjacks in Auckland for a rental, they were great, service was excellent. They didn't install but recommended an installer who was great too.

Comment

Kitchen Cabinets & Stone in Auckland import a fantastic range of kitchen cabinets from Europe in three different price points. We've used them in three properties now, one spec home, a rental and our own home. https://www.kitchencabinets.co.nz/

Comment

Cheers, keep the recommendations coming particularly if you have used their services yourself. The property concerned is in Manurewa, South Auckland

Comment

I purchased some units off cabjacks for my laundry (in Hibiscus Coast). 2 pantries and 2 overhead cupboards. Well priced, easy to install. They have a showroom, take in your dimensions and see if they can put something together for you, although its not hard.

Comment

MDF or particle board folks?

MDF is quite a bit more expensive of the two.

Is it really needed to go to MDF? I was thinking yes to MDF around the sink area but just particle board for the other kitchen benches that are away from water.

Particle board, if water does get in below the laminate surface tends to swell up, unless its being moisture resistant treated.

Comment

Originally posted by MargVan View Post
                Kitchen Cabinets & Stone in Auckland import a fantastic range of kitchen cabinets from Europe in three different price points. We've used them in three properties now, one spec home, a rental and our own home. https://www.kitchencabinets.co.nz/

I've used these guys and am likely too again.

The units, however, are usually by far the easiest bit of a kitchen renovation....

Comment

Sorry to hijack your thread, I need a kitchen too and cabjacks can't do the unusual sizes we need:
                  Has anybody used any of the following in Auckland:
                  ABC kitchens in Porana Rd, North Shore
                  JJ's solid kitchens north shore and avondale
                  Nice Kitchen in Avondale and Henderson?
                  Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by north shore View Post
                    Sorry to hijack your thread, I need a kitchen too and cabjacks can't do the unusual sizes we need:
                    Has anybody used any of the following in Auckland:
                    ABC kitchens in Porana Rd, North Shore
                    JJ's solid kitchens north shore and avondale
                    Nice Kitchen in Avondale and Henderson?
                    Thanks in advance
                    The most helpful service, good pricing and speedy reply's for quotations requested so far has been:

www.kitchenplus.co.nz
                    Last edited by donna; 05-02-2024, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Thanks will have a look, ABC got back to me very fast.

Comment

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=1692450178 this one is abc kitchens who also install mrsaneperson.

Comment

Uhmm seems expensive in my view.
                          "ALL CABINETS ARE MADE FROM HIGH MOISTURE RESISTANT BOARD" is it particle board or MDF?

Comment

Working...
                          X