Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving a wastewater manhole?

Hi there,

We're wanting to subdivide but there's a wastewater manhole in the middle of the back yard. I'm from Waitakere (Auckland) and have found a publication which says man holes can't be built over - but does anyone know if they can be moved; and if so, what this might cost? If not, do I have any other options or is subdivision simply not an option?

Thanks in advance,
    Jon

it isnt the manhole that is the problem it is the drains that connect to it

Find out what they are but the drains (and manhole) can be moved if practical to do so but at your cost

Comment

they can be surprisingly inexpensive to move.

We moved one earlier in the year. The things that can drive up the costs is the size of the main. In our case it was a small one only servicing a few properties up hill so we could divert around our building platform.

Find out the size of the main, work out how you could divert around your building platform then have a chat with a drain layer about the costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
        they can be surprisingly inexpensive to move.

We moved one earlier in the year. The things that can drive up the costs is the size of the main. In our case it was a small one only servicing a few properties up hill so we could divert around our building platform.

Find out the size of the main, work out how you could divert around your building platform then have a chat with a drain layer about the costs.
        That's really helpful, thanks. Can I ask roughly what it cost you to move yours? FYI our pipes are 150mm in diameter and we think we'd only need to move ~20m of pipe.

Comment

We did it as part of a major subdivision project - I think from memory the all in cost while digger and Drainlayer was on site was no more than $200/lm on 150mm main.

Comment

That's really helpful, thanks

Comment

Just re-read your post. The actual manhole installation will add to the cost so plan a further $2-4K for the new manhole if it is not possible to reuse the existing one (not even sure if that is possible but I'd ask as it could be a huge cost saving)

Comment

Working...
              X