• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook

Default Does anyone know about Pinehill, North Shore and its potential as investment?

One friend wants to change her investment property from west to North Shore, Auckland. She saw a property on Greville Road, Pinehill, North Shore with 1960's 3 bedrooms house and a big land of 800square meter. Agents told her Pinehill has huge potential, even more values than Brownsbay because of easy transport and a subdivided section can be sold at 1M and new house to be 1.8M. But I have heard of there used to be a landfill somewhere here,which I would think as a big downside. I wonder will the previous landfill place will put off people buying here? How is the potential and capital gain of Pinehill? And is it easy to rent out a 3 bedroom only 1 bathroom average condition 1960's house in Pinehill? Thanks.

But I have heard of there used to be a landfill somewhere here,which I would think as a big downside. I wonder will the previous landfill place will put off people buying here
    you shouldnt make decisions based on uncertainty find out the facts first. Some locals may recall and what does the LIM say?. Landfills when done well add value in creating open spaces (as they cannot be built on usually.

Pinehill is great. The only unfortunate thing about Pinehill is that most of the houses were developed in early 2000's and are part of the leaky house syndrome. However, the house you mentioned shouldn't given that it was built in 1960's.
    www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
    # Property Management
    # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

I live in Pinehill have done since 99. Its great, very convenient, close to the mall, the albany bus station, etc.
    The landfill ex tip is on the corner of Greville and the motorway, it closed late 99, most people don't even know what it was anymore.
    Sections are very expensive here and most are only 500sqm if that and appear to average close to and just over 1 million, then they build mcmansions on them.
    Greville Road is one very busy road. If the price is right, it would probably rent well, but traffic would be my concern.
    Is she looking at the home and income at no 12?
    Yes we have had a few reclads going on, still got a few to go though.

Thread Information