No announcement yet.

The crisis crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The AM show just announced a traffic crisis in Auckland... because you can't get to work in 30 mins. At least one of the panel of 'experts' said that the word crisis is being thrown around for everything these days.

Comment

Now a GP crisis - http://nzh.tw/12040593

Comment

Now we have a biodiversity crisis. About 8 paragraphs in.
        Last edited by Perry; 01-05-2018, 10:04 AM. Reason: fixed link

Comment

I thought the transport plans released by the red team for Auckland were excellent.

So now I have a crisis of identity.
          Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Funny you should say that I thought something similar... then I thought about kiwibuild and ring fencing and realised this road plan and the housing strategy couldn't possibly come from the same guy. I think Twitford got lucky on the transports plan with some good people in the Transport planning teams.

Comment

Crisis.

Early 15c., from Latinized form of Greek krisis "turning point in a disease" (used as such by Hippocrates and Galen), literally "judgment, result of a trial, selection," from krinein "to separate, decide, judge," from PIE root *krei- "to sieve," thus "discriminate, distinguish." Transferred non-medical sense is 1620s in English. A German term for "mid-life crisis" is Torschlusspanik, literally "shut-door-panic," fear of being on the wrong side of a closing gate

Turning point..

To be honest , I turned away from the sensationalistic, (attention seeking, click bait, paparazzi) type reporting many years ago.
              But you do need this sort of drama, to keep the minds of the young ones busy, or they might rise up and make the world a better place for themselves.

And lets face it, this sort of distraction/enterainment wastes a lot less Loins and Christians than the Colosseum used to.

Although, if I were the governments of the world, I would charge Mark Zukerberg and the like a huge "wasting public time" and "detraction from GDP" tax.
              And use it to fund schools and parks and others such practical things.

Attention, like money, is a zero sum game.

Last edited by McDuck; 03-05-2018, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Article on interest.co.nz entitled: The Aussie Advice Crisis.

US trade deficit falls; Canada trade deficit rises; airtravel rises strongly; Swiss toy with banking change; Argentina hikes again; advice costs jump in Aust.; UST 10yr at 2.95%; oil and gold up; NZ$1 = 70.4 USc; TWI-5 = 72.9

Referring to the financial advice staff at Aussie banks have been giving (and a bunch of other stuff).
                Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Banks fronting internal staff as "Advisors" when they're really just there to sell products has been a big factor in the FMA completely redoing how advisor qualifications work.... yet again.
                  Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Biodiversity crisis - coined by what's his name Shaw greens leader in budget speech

Comment

A curtain crisis?
                      Last edited by Perry; 25-05-2018, 12:03 PM. Reason: fixed dud link

Comment

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
                        OMFG....

Maybe the word is being used too much? The media need to find another even more powerful word, maybe cataclysm?
                        Squadly dinky do!

Comment

A China crisis? Now we're scenario planning potential crises.

Last edited by Don't believe the Hype; 25-05-2018, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Still working on the fuel price crisis, which will be followed by the fuel tax on tax on new tax crisis.

And North Korea talks are back in crisis again.

Comment

This morning I'm struggling with the I woke up 10mins late crisis!

Comment

The Healthy Homes Initiatives curtain and other 'interventions' are funded by the taxpayer. They want more money. MBIE is to open consultation shortly on minimum standards for rentals under the Healthy Homes Guarantee Act.

Call me cynical .....

Comment

Working...
                                X