Pike Rive Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pike Rive Mine

Why doesn't someone fly a drone into the Pike River mine and then we will know what's in there without risking anyone?

they wont need to because winstone peters said he will go in

Comment

Originally posted by jimO View Post
      they wont need to because winstone peters said he will go in
      So what's going on with this? Labour done it's normal thing and set up a committee, then nothing else?

It'd be a safe bet that they'll conclude that they can't go in. And Winnie will be all like "I was going to go in, but they won't let me! Those bastards!" whilst secretly thinking "Thank God, no way was I going to do that!"
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
        It'd be a safe bet that they'll conclude that they can't go in. And Winnie will be all like "I was going to go in, but they won't let me! Those bastards!" whilst secretly thinking "Thank God, no way was I going to do that!"
        So why doesn't someone send in a drone?

Comment

They already did didn't they initially. It went as far as the collapse. You have to have flat ground to roll them in it's too small a space to fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
            So why doesn't someone send in a drone?
            No idea, they seem to be unable to do anything at all.

It's all put in the "unsafe/dangerous/going to kill us/we'll need another report done" basket.
            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzlevalve View Post
              They already did didn't they initially. It went as far as the collapse. You have to have flat ground to roll them in it's too small a space to fly.
              The army sent in a small bomb disposal vechicle which was controlled from a long cable - it crapped out a fair way in and they couldn't retrieve it.
              At that point everyone has said "it's too hard, can't be done safely".
              I'm pretty sure the tunnel is large enough to fly a drone - so why don't they send one in?
              These drone nutters/enthusiasts - I bet they'd be lining up to do it for free.
              They'd have the drone kitted out with searchlights and cameras and stream it live to the internet.
              We could all watch it from our armchairs or smartphones.
              Is it because no-one at the highest levels has thought of it?

Comment

I think Andrew Little went in didn't he? Anyone heard anything from him lately?

Comment

I think Jacinta should send Twitford in after him if she wants to salvage a second term.

Comment

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
                    I think Jacinta should send Twitford in after him if she wants to salvage a second term.
                    there should be a whole lot of them lined up after peters

Comment

They'd have the drone kitted out with searchlights and cameras and stream it live to the internet

and as soon as it hits a pocket of gas we can watch the screen pixsilate and get another 'boom' at the entrance ? You have also have a problem with remote control through solid rock? At least the army had a cable connection?

Comment

Originally posted by John the builder View Post

and as soon as it hits a pocket of gas we can watch the screen pixsilate and get another 'boom' at the entrance ? You have also have a problem with remote control through solid rock? At least the army had a cable connection?[/COLOR]
                        Well there you go then, blow up the gas that's in there, and then go in!
                        Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                          Well there you go then, blow up the gas that's in there, and then go in!
                          That's what I was thinking.
                          The first drone ignites the gas and then the second drone goes in.
                          There will be more gas and that one explodes.
                          Then send in the third drone....
                          Line them up and see how many it takes to get through the whole mine.
                          No risk to people and the job is done.
                          All for the cost of a few drones.

Comment

Originally posted by John the builder View Post
                            You have also have a problem with remote control through solid rock?[/COLOR]
                            Not sure if that's a problem these days.
                            Can you listen to a car radio when you drive through a tunnel?
                            I believe it's possible if you set it up properly.
                            I've never heard a geek say something can't be done.

Comment

Can you listen to a car radio when you drive through a tunnel?
                              I believe it's possible if you set it up properly.
                              um ....but I think that means someone has to go in to set it up?

Comment

Working...
                              X